Wait until flat before executing live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait until flat before executing live

With this selected, shouldn't the strategy not place any live trades until all historical trades are flat?

Metal Trader
    Reece

Hi metal trader,

Correct, it will wait until the strategy position is flat and then start executing live signals.

Please also review this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html

Have a great weekend!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, with that said, the system triggered while the historical order was in a trade, so when that historical trade closed, the live trade that triggered earlier and is now way away from it's entry point, executes.

I do not want any trade to execute unless it is executing when the system gives the signal too, if it gets put into a cue and has to wait for the historical order to finish, it is technically no longer following the trading strategy, that has happened to me a few times now. Is their a way to correct this problem?
      Last edited by metal trader; 11-21-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Hi metal trader,

was your account position flat before starting the strategy with the selected 'Wait until flat before executing live' option?

Please also read this NinjaScript tip carefully regarding this issue - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4033
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

The account was definitely flat each time it happened, are you telling me that this should not be happening?

Comment

Originally posted by metal trader View Post
            Ok, with that said, the system triggered while the historical order was in a trade, so when that historical trade closed, the live trade that triggered earlier and is now way away from it's entry point, executes.

I do not want any trade to execute unless it is executing when the system gives the signal too, if it gets put into a cue and has to wait for the historical order to finish, it is technically no longer following the trading strategy, that has happened to me a few times now. Is their a way to correct this problem?
            There is no queue that holds signals. When "Wait until flat" is used, then the strategy will run as if it is in a backtest until it reaches an internal flat position independant of any account position. Once the strategy position is flat, then the next signal that generates an order will be submitted to the account the strategy is running on.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              There is no queue that holds signals. When "Wait until flat" is used, then the strategy will run as if it is in a backtest until it reaches an internal flat position
              Ok, I see what happens here, that command does not flatten positions at the end of the back test, it waits until it flattens itself, then the system picks up live from their. Is their a way to just turn that off all together? So when I start live it's ready to go and I do not have to wait for historical orders to play out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort  
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes