Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
    Please take a look here for the behavior of the Sim account:

Use the arrows in the upper right corner to scroll through the documentation.

In addition you can set up a delay in the Simulator tab of the Options menu to better simulate 'real' trading.

My broker has confirmed that only cash account orders go to the exchange.....................So Vincent, what is a realistic value for the lag setting? I asked my broker but he said NT would know?

thanks
    Last edited by lindsayf; 11-28-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I'm SIM trading using NT and when I exit my position with a market order I get slippage a lot of times even in simulation.

This morning I entered a trade in simulation on the ES and entered a short position at 881.25 and the price moved to 880.75 and I closed out my position with the "close" button in chart trader and it showed a $125 loss.

Comment

Hi lindsayf,

This is hard to determine what setting is exactly realistic. You will need to test this for yourself and check what settings work best for you.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem is I have no benchmark to compare with, so how can I know 'what works best for me'.? There must be some knowledge available to set up a NT sim so that it replicates exchange lag...it is a very important variable!

Comment

I provide support for a local group of 3 traders who use AMP Futures & Zenfire.

They report to me that using the default settings for NinjaTrader's Simulator provides a realistic simulated trading environment, and that when they switch to doing live trading, the connection if anything is more responsive (less slippage).

They like that their practice is [slightly] more challenging than the real thing.

Comment

that is heartening and I appreciate the response

regards

Comment

Happy to help.

It should be noted that we're located in Florida and are connected using a Road Runner cable connection, so response time may be different in other parts of the country or world.

And it who knows what it would be if the data supplier were someone other than Zenfire.

Good luck in your trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                1 response
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                4 responses