No Daily Charts (Without a kluge, that is) - Not Acceptable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Daily Charts (Without a kluge, that is) - Not Acceptable

I asked about this before. The suggestion was to contact Zenfire directly. I went to the Zen Page and only had the ability to sign up for a webinar or a demo of Zen/Ninja.

I researched alternatives and since we pay $60 per month for Ninja I thought that there were better alternatives. To me the 2 best were Trade Navigator by Genesis - High cost, but great capabilities ( I need the Market Profile) or Open eCry which is FREE and has the same capabilities as Ninja plus a good selection of add-ons.

I'll probably make the switch sometime after the first of the year. I also like being able to talk to a live person for support issues. Having to email Ninja when a problem arises real-time is frustrating and scary, especially when money is on the line. Good news is that my Broker support (Mirus) is very good and often is able to help me with Ninja issues before Ninja responds by email.

I don't know... there are a lot of things that I like about Ninja, but the email support and lack of basic capability (daily, monthly continuous charts) really has bothers me. I may be alone in feeling this way, but the odds are stacked against us in so many ways I don't need piling on by my data and platforrm providers.
    Last edited by dmking; 11-22-2008, 12:46 PM.

Thanks for your thoughts...

- If you have an issue with money on the line, your first call should always be to your broker, not to us. Your broker has the capabilities in place to cancel orders, close positions and manage your account in a critical situation...That is not a function of NinjaTrader.

- We do support daily and monthly charts, its dependant on the data provider. Currently Zen-Fire does not support daily charts for historical data.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No Daily Charts

Hi Ray,

It would seem that you - Ninja - would have more "juice" with them, than any of us to force them, or more correctly, request that they provide the data to get Daily or Monthly charts. Just about all of the good providers give thier customers the ability to see daily and monthly chart without having to resort to 1440 min charts

If I have to pay to use Ninja as my charting and execution platform and then pay a data provider for the ability to get daily and monthly charts in addition to tick and minute capability, I might as well go to a provider who provides "one stop shopping". This isn't hard.

Comment

Daily data will be available mid year next year.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll be Back

Hi Ray,

Thanks for responding...

7 months... Consider what's happened since the election...

In 7 months markets as we know them may be vastly different. At a time like this we need the best that we can get and not settle for anything less...

With all of the volatility in the markets, I'm planning on moving to one of the full service providers mentioned earlier...

I may come back to the Ninja platform after ZenFire implements daily and monthly charting capability.

Again, thanks
          Last edited by dmking; 11-24-2008, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post chbruno
          by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
          6 responses