Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing a position in IB

Hi,

I am observing this issue consistently. When I am in a stock position and press the close button to close out my positions, my stops are cancelled but targets still remain on the DOM. I I am using smartrouting.

Checking the TWS shows magenta color ,meaning target cancellation has been sent but not acknowledged. But the execution shows the stocks are sold. So its a ghost till I reboot ninja and TWS. Now I tried the same thing with bracket trader and the targets do cancel.

If the targets and stops get hit while in the position they behave normally.

Is there anything I need to do to make it work right? I am attaching screenshots
    thanks
    Geo
    Attached Files

Hello,

This is a ghost order. If you ever get a ghost order please follow the instructions below.
    If the order is live:
    Please contact your broker right away and have them flatten the order or manage it directly. Also, please shut down NinjaTrader and restart it. If the order is still there your broker is sending this information and you will need to wait until they reset their servers.
    If the order is simulated:
    Please go to: Tools> Options> Simulator tab> click Reset to reset your simulator.

If the situation is reproduceable please provide detailed steps so I can reproduce it.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

As this is a live order and not simulated.... It resets and disseapears when I restart TWS. Ninja then resets too. My concern is that it shows up every time I exit with the close button option.

thanks

Geo

[
      quote=NinjaTrader_Ben;63313]Hello,

This is a ghost order. If you ever get a ghost order please follow the instructions below.
      If the order is live:
      Please contact your broker right away and have them flatten the order or manage it directly. Also, please shut down NinjaTrader and restart it. If the order is still there your broker is sending this information and you will need to wait until they reset their servers.
      Please go to: Tools> Options> Simulator tab> click Reset to reset your simulator.

If the situation is reproduceable please provide detailed steps so I can reproduce it.[/quote]

Comment

I dont know if this helps but I get a warning in the log for all three targets I cancel::

Order Event Warning:Attribute 'Outside Regular Trading Hours' is ignored based on the order type and destination.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
        Hello,

If the order is live:

If the situation is reproduceable please provide detailed steps so I can reproduce it.

Comment

Please make sure you are using the supported version of TWS: stand alone TWS 887.

This is the only supported version at this time.

You can download it from the link on this page:

JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks.... that fixed the ghost orders.....

I am still getting the outside regular trading hours warning though...
            thanks
            Geo

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
            Please make sure you are using the supported version of TWS: stand alone TWS 887.

This is the only supported version at this time.

You can download it from the link on this page:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Comment

This is a setting you will have to change in TWS.

Try going to Orders--> Order Defaults--> then for each order type you should be able to check "Allow orders to be triggered, accepted,....outside regular trading hours.."
              JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
              0 responses