Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to write own "connection" to our own historical tick database

Hello,

I would like to create a "Connection" like the "Yahoo Connection", but to my own historical tick database in SQL Server 2005. Is this possible, and can you point me to an example of a custom-built Connection? It was hinted at in the large user manual, but no example was given.

I was able to import some bar data and tick data using text files per your user manual's instructions, but I would very much rather build a connection to my database and not have to import every instrument manually, as it would take a lot of time.

Thank you very much in advance,

ChiTrader2000

Hi ChiTrader2000,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums. What you want to do is probably connect to the External Data Feed connection. Unfortunately this is beyond the level of what we can offer support for. Thank you for understanding.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

New v. of NT: Possible to write own "connection" to our own historical tick database?

Ninja Trader Development Team,

Will it be possible in the new version of NinjaTrader to accomplish the request in my original post?

I have accomplished this exact thing in RightEdge with a small amount of code by writing a custom plugin. The traders only need to press one button to download 100% of all new intraday data from our SQL Server 2005 database onto their machine for their backtests.

Our traders would love to be able to download new intraday data into NinjaTrader on demand with one button click.

Thanks for considering my request!

ChiTrader2000

Comment

As far as getting data into their NinjaTrader's all they have to do is use the import data tool. If you want them to be pulling from some SQL server you will need to provide some interface likely through External Data Feed for them. The way they can load data is just like how they can load data from any data provider.

They can open a chart, just run a backtest while connected, go to Tools->reload data, etc.

Comment

This sounds perfect.

Where can I find information on providing an interface through External Data Feed, like perhaps some sample code?

Thanks,

ChiTrader2000

Comment

What is available is here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...onnection.html

If you have TS you can try seeing how it works with the TS sample on how you feed data from TS into NT.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Josh,

Thanks for the info. I will see if maybe I can do this.

Thanks again,

ChiTrader2000

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
              1 response