Two computers one account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two computers one account

I just opened an account with Mirus Futures. It's funded as well so they sent me NT free licence key. At the moment I am trying to set up my computers in case of an emergency and I had this idea on my mind. I thought I would use the NT free licence key on my laptop as backup in case my main computer would fail or just NT on my main computer would freeze etc. Of course I am going to buy full NT licence for the main computer but at the moment I just tried to connect from both computers to my account but it failed. When I was logged on on the laptop and pressed log in on my main PC and this message appeared on my laptop "Disconnect enforced by broker or 2nd login to the same account". Does it mean that I can't be connected at the same time to the same account ? Or is there any other way I could connect to the same account ? I should say that I used free licence key on the main PC and demo licence key on the laptop.
    Last edited by hanslama; 11-26-2008, 12:58 PM.

Originally posted by hanslama View Post
    I just opened an account with Mirus Futures. It's funded as well so they sent me NT free licence key. At the moment I am trying to set up my computers in case of an emergency and I had this idea on my mind. I thought I would use the NT free licence key on my laptop as backup in case my main computer would fail or just NT on my main computer would freeze etc. Of course I am going to buy full NT licence for the main computer but at the moment I just tried to connect from both computers to my account but it failed. When I was logged on on the laptop and pressed log in on my main PC and this message appeared on my laptop "Disconnect enforced by broker or 2nd login to the same account". Does it mean that I can't be connected at the same time to the same account ? Or is there any other way I could connect to the same account ? I should say that I used free licence key on the main PC and demo licence key on the laptop.
    Hello Hanslama,

Thank you for your post.

This message is from your broker. You will have to contact them as to why they don't allow you to connect to one account twice.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see, will do that. Thank you for your quick response

Comment

I got the answer from Mirus so I thought it could help somebody in the future. Here it is:
        Originally posted by hanslama View Post
        You will not be able to sign into your live account on two machines at the same time. This is because of the added risk of having another computer logged onto your account. It would be possible for you to place trades on each machine, so we disable this ability. If you want to log onto a second machine, you could leave it there but really in the case of a trading emergency you will want to call us anyway. It is possible that your entire internet connection goes down and you could be sitting there trying to log on with your second machine and wasting precious seconds (as you noted, those seconds can be crucial) where you could have simply called us right away. That is my recommendation.
        To be honest, it's shame, because I am quite certain that there will be situations where only Ninja Trader goes down (no offense, it is a great piece of software) and I could simply just control my position on the laptop. But now I'll have to phone and close everything everytime the slightest thing goes wrong.
        Last edited by hanslama; 11-27-2008, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:05 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ETFVoyageur  
        Started by Orion815, 05-02-2024, 08:39 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Orion815