What if my system crashes during an open position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if my system crashes during an open position

I cannot seem to find theanswer in the manual. I want to verify where the stop and profit target orders reside. Are those orders resident in my computer or on Ninjatrader's computer. Let me give an example. I am currently using mbtrading for my broker. I enter an order in ninjatrader's software, using the SuperDOM order entry and a strategy. I enter a position setting both a 1 point stop and a 1 point profit target. The order is accepted and live. My computer crashes for some unknown reason (microsoft product is known to do that - lol). It takes me 3 or 4 minutes to reboot my system from the crash. When I logon to ninjatrader again I see the market has tanked and my future has gone down 4 points.

Did I lose 1 point or did I lose 4 points. I want to make sure whose computer handles those orders. I am not completely sure if the orders are placed on Ninja's computer or if the software in my computer. I really like your software and want to make sure of this issue before I subscribe.

Thank You

thepcmd

imported post

a) there is no such thing as an NinjaTrader computer/server. There is no NT server in the middle. It's just your PC (where NT runs) and the server/infrastructure of your broker
    b) NT order in general make it to the broker server and are managed there even as your PC crashes
    c) exception: NT sim stop orders are always held on your PC

Which broker are you with?

Comment

imported post

I am with MB Trading - they are listed as partners of Ninjatrader. I am talking about live orders not simulated orders or any shadow strategy.

OK - then I want to make sure that when i use a strategy with a stop and a profit limits that those orders reside on my brokers NT server. I understand that if my broker's computer crashes that is outside the limits of this question. I am assuming that MB Trading does not have any computer issues and they are functioning correctly.

So with that said. If my system crashes under the original scenario. MB Trading's NT server will have the stop and profit orders on it and will process those orders when triggered even if my computer crashes. Is that how the system works?

thepcmd

Comment

imported post

With MBT all orders are either on their servers or at the exchange, not on NT. You would need to clarify with them which orders are exchange native or on their servers.

Ray
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post sightcareclickhere  
        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM