Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behaviour of Chart Window

Hello,

I just mentioned that the chart windows in NinjaTrader show another behaviour than other windows (ControlCenter or other applications in WindowsXP) regarding the "Restore" or "Activation" of that window. When I minimize a chart-window, activate another window and then reactivate the chart-window of NT then it keeps minimized. Other windows would be shown in this case. So when I´d like to see the chart on the screen again I have to use right-click and "restore" or "maximize" on the Task-Menu of Windows.

Is this behaviour a special purpose?

Thanks a lot

Joerg

Hello Joerg,

I tried to reproduce the behavior on my end, but I could not reproduce it.

I opened a chart and SuperDOM and minimized the chart. Activated the SuperDOM, clicked the chart on the Windows Task Bar and it appeared.

I tried using a Market Analyzer window and Notepad as well instead of the SuperDOM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

thank you for you quick response. I tried it again on another computer and it´s completely the same (on WinXP and an Win2003Server). When I minimize via clicking on the window-field in the Task-Bar of Windows (not the minimize button on the top of the chart-window) it does´nt restore, at least not several times. Sometimes it works one or two times but never more often. Also the restore via Alt+Tab does´nt work. The Chart-Window is just activated in the Task-Bar of Windows but not visible.

Could you please try it again via clicking the Window-Field in the Task-Bar of Windows?

Thanks a lot

Joerg

Comment

Hi Joerg,

I am still not able to reproduce it with these steps. I opened a chart and SuperDOM. I minimized the chart by right clicking on it in the Windows Task Bar. Clicked the SuperDOM on the Windows Task Bar and subsequently clicked the chart on the Windows Task Bar and it appeared. I performed these steps five times in a row.

I tested once more with a Market Analyzer window and with a Note pad window as well and each time the chart popped up when clicking it on the Windows Task Bar.

I suspect it is related to Windows somehow and not NinjaTrader. To avoid this behavior on your end, I suggest to minimize the chart via the Minimize button in the chart itself and check if the issue persists.

Comment

Hello,

I have also the same problem on two PCs with windows xp.
          You've found a solution to the problem?

Thanks

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rmoran View Post
            Hello,

I have also the same problem on two PCs with windows xp.
            You've found a solution to the problem?

Thanks

Robert
            Hello,

We are not able to reproduce this issue.

Perhaps try updating your Microsoft .NET Framework and see if that makes a difference.
            Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i also have the same problem....for a long time now...i think it's been discussed before...by the way..it will be nice if NT windows get minimized
              on desktop instead of taskbar...alike Neoticker's platform.

Comment

I installed .NET Framework 3.5,
                but it has not changed anything...

Robert

Comment

I tested some more on my end using different workspaces and setups, but cannot reproduce the behavior.

Can you please send the workspace that is opened when the behavior occurs to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. You can find your workspaces at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->workspaces. Please include 'Attn Jason' and reference this thread.

Comment

Has this thing being resolved---it's a common and very annoying problem... say you have 10 windows in NT and somehow you minimize then you have to go one by one and 'restore' ... very annoying... can anyone look into this please?

Comment

Unfortunately we cannot reproduce this behavior. I suspect it is related to Windows somehow and not NinjaTrader. To avoid this behavior on your end, I suggest to minimize the chart via the Minimize button in the chart itself and check if the issue persists.

Comment

This happens to me all the time on three different computers. Very annoying.

Comment

Please send me your exact steps to reproduce the issue on my end and I will try once more. We have tried to reproduce it a few times, but were not able to do so.

Comment

Also happens to me. To reproduce, just keep clicking the chart window task bar to minimize. Usually when it's minimized, it can't restore unless using "restore". This doesn't happen on the control center, but does to the chart windows, DOMs, and maybe more... When using the minimize button at the top, this issue doesn't happen either. When alternating chart windows using the task bar below without minimizing, it is also okay.

Comment

Hello edsfreedom,

I tested again, but I am unable to reproduce it on my end. I minimized and restored a chart more than 20 times in a row, but is functioned as expected. I right clicked on the chart in the Windows task bar and selected 'Minimized'. I clicked the chart in the Windows task bar to restore the chart. I tried different steps in between, but all worked correctly.

Are you able to reproduce it on a consistent base using certain steps?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes