Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart-based strategy starting automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart-based strategy starting automatically?

Here's my scenario (simplified but accurate):

- I had ~20 charts with strategies running as of end of day Wednesday. I saved and then closed the workspace. There are open positions for most of these charts.

- I re-opened the workspace last night to prepare for the open this morning. All 20 charts popped up, except with the strategy now cleared. I went into each chart, loaded the strategy... everything looked right. Hypothetical executions were right.

- But this morning, when I logged in to check what was happening after market open... none of the charts had updated. I was still connected, and the log said nothing (except a series of "Live strategy running..." from last night). The last bar shown on the chart was still the one from end of day Wednesday. None of the strategies had run.

- I closed each chart, and reopen using New->Chart. The chart immediately had the correct bars from today, and the strategies began to execute.

So, what am I missing to get these charts (with loaded strategies) to keep updating? Do charts always stop overnight? Do I need to open a chart after market open every day...?

heech,

Charts should not stop overnight. You would want to check the Format Data Series on your charts to see what happened. Charts should keep rolling regardless of the date if you have the End Date set to the current day.

If you close NT, strategies will be removed from the charts. There currently is no auto start in NT.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      heech,

Charts should not stop overnight. You would want to check the Format Data Series on your charts to see what happened. Charts should keep rolling regardless of the date if you have the End Date set to the current day.

If you close NT, strategies will be removed from the charts. There currently is no auto start in NT.
      Josh,

Maybe I didn't explain the scenario carefully enough. I'm the one that stopped the charts originally, by closing Ninjatrader. I knew the strategies would be remove; I logged on last night in order to get the charts setup again, starting them myself.

What I found was that the charts that I re-started *last night* were not rolling. I'll go through the same routine Sunday night/Monday morning, so I'll be sure to check Format Data Series and make sure that didn't some how get cleared to the wrong value...

Comment

That should not be the case, let us know after you re-try if you get the same behaviour.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

Just wanted to give you a quick FYI, whatever happened last Thursday didn't repeat this morning. Charts were up and running correctly. (There was still another latent problem somewhere in my code... but not due to chart not running.)

Thanks, hopefully that's the end of the issue!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo