Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Reset DB"

Hi,

Can someone give me an explanation of what the "historical trade data" in the database actually is? What's the downside of doing a reset and clearing it after every market trading day? (I ask this because of Buy/BuyToCover problem mentioned in previous thread.)

I would have thought that strategic positions calculated from the chart would be fine. All of my orders are Day only, and they all cancel overnight. I do carry numerous long positions overnight.

One of my goals is also to make everything portable from system/system overnight. So... ideally, I would need a system that's consistent/correct starting up from a blank database, anyways.

"Historical trade data" is related to your real-time trades that are now historical. Clearing out the database should have no impact on your most recent run of your strategy. Your strategy will calculate out its strategy position based off of chart data and nothing from the database. The database is there for you to keep track of performance.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post Skifree
    by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
    0 responses