Has anyone used this method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used this method?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but I came across this website and this person uses NT and chart trades. You can lease his indicators and he shows his live trades on youtube. He claims to get 2 to 4 points on each trade.

Has anyone here used or currently uses his methods. Here is a link to his videos and website.

Has Anyone Used This Method... etc..

While this is the wrong area of the forum to deal with this inquiry, I will take a moment to comment on the link you provided. Let me first say that I have no direct experience with the underlying method itself. However, there are a few glaring red flags inherent at that site.

First, there is absolutely no information whatsoever about the developer of the method being promoted and although he provides an email address, phone and P.O. Box, there is no physical adress provided. You have to watch a video to even find out his name, which he says in Jean Paul (or possibly John Paul.)

In his videos he quickly explains that indicators are basically worthless and then he turns right around and promotes his own "method" indicators (2 of them) which he will gladly lease you at $150 each per month for as long as you might want to use them.

His videos do not show any live, real money trading. They appear to be Sim or hypothetical trades only. Even so, Ninja Trader provides a ready made tracking of all trades taken and that is not the format posted at the website.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but, in reality, there are extremely few retail (at home) traders who pull 2 to 4 points consistently day after day from the ES (most especially when trading size, such as the 10 and 20 contract positions he exhibits in his hypothetical Performance History Section. You will note that even though his Performance History is all hypothetical trades, there are still big gaps in some of the history shown.

That hypothetical history also shows exceptionally few losses though the average loss trade appears to be about 4 to 5 points each. You will also note in his first video that he was using a 7.5 point stop in trading the ES (his short was at 939.50 and his initial stop loss was at 947.00.) That may be a good deal more than you are prepared to risk for an average 2 pt. gain, even in the recent volatility. This also does not square with his comment in the free 20 pages that your initial stop loss will be only 2 to 3 pts. Also, if the initial stop loss is only 2 to 3 pts. why are most of his loss trades averaging 4 to 5 points? Of course, unless you have an exceptionally large trading account (say well over $100,000) you won't be trading 10 contracts in size any time in the near future either, so don't get too enamored with the amount of money being shown in his hypothetical trades.

There seems to be just enough presentation info at the site to get you excited about earning tons of money if you will just buy their simple course for $400 and hopefully then lease each of their two "method" indicators for $150 per month each to help you "visualize" the trades so you can pull the trigger properly, etc.

Their money back guarantee is only good for 10 days from the date of purchase and is conditioned strictly upon their own posted Performance History Section on the website. So, regardless of how poorly you might do personally, there is extremely little chance of your ever qualifying for the refund. In other words.. forget about any refunds.

I also note that the free e-book offered is really just the first 20 pages of what appears to be the actual $400 "course" which is a total of 50 pages. Those first 20 pages tell you almost nothing about the method and are nothing more than a very basic intro to trading in general along with a few basic comments about the S&P 500 e-mini, e-mini brokers and some info on the NinjaTrader charting and trading platform.

None of the above is meant as anything more than a caution to you and I wish you only the best in your own trading ventures.

Happy Trading,
    Randy
    Last edited by randyjb; 11-30-2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
    7 responses