Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow and frozen data feed on NT side

The setup:
    - Laptop w/Windows Vista, 2GHz Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM and latest MS updates.
    - NT 6.5.1 (Live)
    - .NET 2.0.5
    - TWS Build 887.2

The scenario: one chart (no template, no indicators, 1 day w/5 bars) and one connection (Yahoo) w/nothing else open.

Problem #1:
    While typing/switching symbols in the chart on about the 3rd or 4th symbol it will bring up the "Loading Data... This request can not be aborted" dialog and never complete or recover, causing me to reboot NT. No message is reported in the Log.

Problem #2:
    When using the scenario above the chart will load within 1 sec. (that is, when problem #1 does not occur) but using my IB connection it takes approx. 15 seconds to load and "Max number of tickers has been reached 101" is reported in the Log. Please note that NO tickers or any settings have been touched in TWS (other than NT's IB connection procedure) and tests opening the same charts in TWS are loaded in less than 1 sec.

I have Repaired and Reset the DB in NT along with reviewing/implementing the Performance Tips with no luck.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

When connected to Yahoo, can you please tell me what kind of instruments you type into the chart. If you select the instruments from the instrument drop down list instead of manually typing in the instrument name, does it make a difference?

The error message reported in the Log-tab comes from IB and indicates you have reached the maximum number of tickers. I suspect this is related to the instrument data requests upon switching instruments.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem #1 - I'm entering stocks. I will try the pull-down symbol selection and let you know if that causes the error also.

Problem #2 - Managed a workaround on this issue... First, apparently having the DOW index displayed in the NT Control Center order bar causes it to trigger the max. ticker limit in TWS. Not sure why? Second, it seems only certain stock symbols are corrupt and causing the 15+ sec. delay. To fix I must remove the instrument from the Market Analyzer, delete it from the Instrument Mgr., re-type/add it in a chart and then re-add it to the Market Analyzer. It's a pain but it works fine after that. I'm not sure why this is necessary since I've reset the instrument list prior to discovering this fix?

Comment

Hi,

#1 Please try Tools--> Historical Data--> Reload

#2 This is a message coming from IB. Does it come up as well when you're connected to IB only?
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        1 response
        0 likes