Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to start 6.5.1000.6

Hi,

I'm trying to downgrade to the previous build (6.5.1000.6) of NT.

I uninstalled using control panel add/remove program. I deleted the NinjaTrader folder in my documents. I rebooted just to be sure.

I then reinstalled with the .msi off of the NinjaTrader website. Everything seemed to go correctly.

But when I try and run the newly installed NinjaTrader... nothing happens. There's no error message, nothing in the log/trace directory. Nothing happens. Any suggestions on what to look into?

I've tried everything I can think of, same situation:

- reinstalled newest .7 build, and it works fine.
    - uninstalled, deleted everything, ran regedit and deleted anything mentioning Ninja (not much).
    - running .6 build... just absolutely nothing. Not even long enough to see anything in task manager.

Is it a license issue? I have a valid license for .7 build. With .6, it's not getting to the point where it asks me for the license, but can I put it in a config file somewhere...?

Comment

Hi Heech,

The most recent version of NT 6.5.1000.7 is compatible with .NET 3.5 SP 1 whereas 6.5.1000.6 is not, hence NinjaTrader will not open upon downgrading, I recommend using the most recent version to avoid this.
      MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Michael View Post
        Hi Heech,

The most recent version of NT 6.5.1000.7 is compatible with .NET 3.5 SP 1 whereas 6.5.1000.6 is not, hence NinjaTrader will not open upon downgrading, I recommend using the most recent version to avoid this.
        I suspect a bug newly introduced in NT 6.5.1000.7, which is why I'm trying the older version.

Previous discussion here:

Any idea how to downgrade .NET framework to a compatible version? What .net version *is* compatible with 6.5.1000.6?

Comment

I uninstalled .NET 3.5 service pack 1. Looks like the resulting framework is .NET 3.0 sp2.

I'm still unable to make 6.5.1000.6 work.

Comment

Then uninstall .NET 3.5, if that is not an option, you will have to use 6.5.1000.7.

Also, I accidentally deleted another thread you had regarding postions, you were dealing with Dierk on this. You will have to repost. I apologize as I know this is an inconvenience.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              Then uninstall .NET 3.5, if that is not an option, you will have to use 6.5.1000.7.

Also, I accidentally deleted another thread you had regarding postions, you were dealing with Dierk on this. You will have to repost. I apologize as I know this is an inconvenience.
              Ray,

Already uninstalled .NET 3.5. I was on .NET 3.0. if I upgrade to .NET 3.5 (without the service pack)... is that something 6.5.1000.6 is compatible with?

As far as the other deleted thread, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what happened to it.

I don't care about reposting it, but do you have a solution? Is this something you guys are looking into, re: mismatch in provider field? Can you tell me what the provider column represents? This is a pretty fatal issue that can't be affecting just me.

Comment

Michael with NT support was able to point me towards a link that gave comprehensive instructions for uninstalling .NET framework 3.1 SP1, and reinstall .NET 3.5. That worked, and I'm now up and going with the older build of 6.5.1000.6.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Aviram Y  
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse