Mystery trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery trade

I must be missing something obvious. I have a mystery trade in my orders window. It's not in my executions tab, nor in positions, nor is it a real position at my broker despite it having my live broker account in the trade. It does say external though. So what is it?

YM 12-08 Buy StopLimit 1 8415 8395 Filled 1 8396 0 External
    Day
    N_DAnderson FuturesBetting 17882472
    EXT-60def73219604c1c8a19aa269a01092a 01/12/08 17:56 + - X

I suggest you contact your brokerage to see if they can provide you with any information on this trade.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I already contacted my broker. They know nothing about it. There's nothing in the log about it. It's still there though. What does External mean? Where can orders come from?

Comment

Not sure dave1992. Whatever you see is showing because of whatever has occurred in your live account at some point in time. You can try clearing your database. See if that helps. Tools->Options->Simulator->Reset

Comment

If I clear my db I lose everything else there right? Even if it gets rid of it, it absolutely doesn't solve anything. Can you imagine how incredibly confusing it is to have something like that occur? Obviously something created it, but I absolutely guarantee I didn't do it manually and didn't have any strategies running.

There are multiple duplicate messages in my trace log about this. I'll send a support email, since this has to be sorted out.

Just one thing - did anyone do any testing between NT -> FB? I feel like a beta tester here, I've had so many problems in my first two weeks with NT. And you know what? None of them of been a problem with my PC/broadband/.net etc etc.

Comment

dave1992,

Without information we cannot help discern anything about your scenario. NinjaTrader will never just create an entry because it feels like it. If you did not manually trade it or have a strategy running it is coming from your brokerage. NinjaTrader acts like a radio receiver. It does not just create things out of thin air. If it receives information it displays information. Otherwise it does not.

Comment

I have another one. Again, I didn't trade it, and have no strategies. There is nothing in the log relating to it. I don't even have access to my broker apart from NT and telephone. It's not in my positions. If it was received from my broker, wouldn't there be an entry in the log? What does 'external' mean, and is there any way the ID or token can be related to anything?

Z 03-09 Buy Limit 1 3614.5 0 Filled 1 3614.5 0 External
              Day
              N_DAnderson FuturesBetting 173957392
              EXT-e5c02e0ed6454d6286d05b34a78ee89a 10/03/09 12:22 + - X

Comment

Please provide your trace and log files. When does this order pop up? Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

I just found something about it in the trace files - I have asked FB and will let you know what they say.

thanks
                  Dave

Comment

What was it in the end?

Hi Dave,

I'm starting up with FB so am very interested to find out how/if you resolved this?

Cheers,
                    fttbb.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Max238
                    by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM