Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock lists... and alerts

Hi all.. i have a few questions:

1) Can I set a popup price alert (or any price alert for that matter) in NT via the Market Analyzer?
    2) I have a list of about 50 stocks that I monitor daily which is quite a tedious task. I have price alerts for all of them which I edit daily as well. I figure that the easiest way would be to export it to Excel and manage from there. Does NT feed the data that it gets from Yahoo into Excel somehow? Some kind of API?
    3) I'm open to suggestions for an easy way to use NT to monitor 50-100 stocks in which i need to modify the alerts daily. Thanks.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Originally posted by katiewc View Post
    Hi all.. i have a few questions:

1) Can I set a popup price alert (or any price alert for that matter) in NT via the Market Analyzer?
    2) I have a list of about 50 stocks that I monitor daily which is quite a tedious task. I have price alerts for all of them which I edit daily as well. I figure that the easiest way would be to export it to Excel and manage from there. Does NT feed the data that it gets from Yahoo into Excel somehow? Some kind of API?
    3) I'm open to suggestions for an easy way to use NT to monitor 50-100 stocks in which i need to modify the alerts daily. Thanks.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    hello Katiewc,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Yes, see this link for instructions: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...onditions.html

2.) Yes, Yahoo data is fed into NinjaTrader through an API.
    -You can import a list of stocks and create that list to easily be put into Market Analyzer by right clicking and selecting add instrument list.
    Instrument list: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...mentLists.html
    Importing a list of stocks: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ckSymbols.html

3.) I suggest using the Market analyzer. Use the arrows at the top of the page in the Market Analyzer link above to see all the uses of the Market analyzer. You can link it to a chart for fast changes between instruments as an example.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi RJ

THanks for your help. Is there anyway I can export it into Excel to do it instead? Like feed NT data into Excel.
      The reason being I need to set almost 100 alerts daily... and keep editing them and also see what the alert value is... which I am unable to on NT Market Analyzer

Thanks
      Last edited by katiewc; 12-02-2008, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported by default.

I suggest to contact a NinjaScript Consultant and check if they can provide you a custom NinjaScript file that may be able to do this. You can find all supported NinjaScript consultants at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes