speeding up ninjatrader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speeding up ninjatrader?

Is the slowness after closing the indicators dialog when the chart is redrawing caused mostly by the speed of the computer or the speed of the internet connection?

i.e. if I get the latest computer, would that help speed this part of ninjatrader up?

A question many are wondering, from lowly single cores with a gig of RAM, to quad cores with 3-4 gigs of RAM...

Before shelling out for a new computer I would personally recommend waiting to see what performance enhancements NT7 will bring, whatever computer you'd buy now would be much cheaper in the spring anyway .

Comment

In my experience it is not the internet connection. I use a network monitor that shows kb/s and the pause/delay when it shows the loading box before displaying the chart shows no internet activity on my end.

But then again that box usually only lasts about 1 second on my system. So I would be inclined to believe it is the speed of your system.

But NT7 will likely improve speed across the board.

Comment

After you clicked Ok or Apply in the Indicator menu, the indicators you added will be calculated. This would consume PC resources.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

will NT 7 be multi-threaded?

NT is a great piece of software, but if they multi-thread it, that would be awesome. I mean basically all my charts are inaccessible during this time when it is closing that dialog. Not just the chart in question. For a time critical piece of software like live trading software, this is a perplexing design decision.

Comment

They've already said NT7 will be multi-threaded.

Comment

cool, where can I find info about what will be in NT7?

Comment

We will make announcements regarding NT7 functionality as appropriate.

Comment

speeding up Windows 7 / 8

from what I understand there is an entire thread on this matter, whether here or at www.bigmiketrading.com, or on www.elitetrader.com

under Windows 7, turning off the windows search service will speed things up, especially during operation of Ninja, as the constant need to index for the search capability will no longer be a significant and constant overhead function.

under Windows Start key, type services.msc
                  scroll down to 2 items:

1) windows search, and change startup function to disabled, after stopping service, if it is running
                  ...this is also a recommended change for usage of SSD's

2) scroll back up to SuperFetch, and stop that service too, and make its startup as Manual

hopefully those are noticeable improvements in system overhead and load factors, as well as speeding up operation within Ninjatrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post elderan
                  by elderan

Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes