Tick Bars Stop plotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Bars Stop plotting

I have been having a problem where my Candlesticks will stop plotting but the bar that is still visible is moving accordingly to the data stream. This has been happening frequently so I started rebuilding my database and restarting Ninja Trader every Morning thinking this would solve the problem. This morning I got up nice and early to prepare for Non Farm Payroll and I did my routine of rebuilding the data base and restarting Ninja, I also turn on the check box that enters a trade on hypothetical results during live trading, I did not want my system entering a trade until a few minutes after Non Farm, so as soon as I saw that it was safe to turn on the system, I mounted it to the chart and it entered the trade immediately but it was supposed to do it on the close of the bar, which it did not, but I can't tell if the bar was actually their and just did not plot. Any ideas on what is causing these bars to behave this way? I attached two pics, one is the Actual trade, and then I attached a back test of what should of happened. Also this only happens after mounting the system to a chart...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by metal trader; 12-05-2008, 12:39 PM.

Hi metal trader,

Which data feed are you using?

It looks to me like you are missing ticks on these quick news events like the NFP.

Please consider optimizing your setup using our performance tips ( http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rformanceTips1 ) and check if the issues persist.

You should also synch up your PC clock regularly.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My first feed is Patsystems, then Gain Capital and sometimes PFG is third... this problem happens at anytime of the day or night, it is not isolated to economic number days.. I am running several apps and about 15 charts,

Comment

Hi metal trader,

Thanks!

Please try to remove the load (less charts, less applications) and see if it makes a difference in behavior, also please sync your PC clock prior to testing this again.

Does this happen on one specific feed more often or is it equally occuring?

Please also forward me your logs to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this thread in your mail (12256)

Have a great weekend!
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
        13 responses