IB Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Connection

I am trying to log in to 2 different IB accounts and I am receiving the following error.

"Login failed: IB.Adapter.MessageLoop No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

I was able to log in fine last week, and I bought a new computer this weekend which is the one having the issues. The new one is vista and the old one was xp.

Hi SystemTrading,

Are you attempting the login of separate TWS's on the same PC?

What version of TWS do you have installed?

What steps did you take when logging in last week?
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am not trying simultaneously. Just pointing out that it is not the IB account that is the issue. I did the exact same thing last week that I am doing this week, execpt I did it on an 86 bit xp machine. I've now upgraded to 64 bit vista, although I am only using 86 bit for TS.

Coincidentally, I can log in to TWS without NinjaTrader. I am using the version of TWS that your site says I need to use with Ninja.

Comment

Hello SystemTrading,

Please remove TWS in addition to your IB account and completely recreate the connection using the instructions provided in this link. Download TWS from this page as well.
        • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
        • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.
        The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.
        Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

Comment

Still the same message. I can log in to TWS fine, but not through Ninja. See the attached error.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Please restart your PC and attempt connection, if this doesn't work please send an e-mail to support at NinjaTrader dot com with Attn: Mike in the subject line. If you could also provide your connection information so I can test this on my end. The error your are receiving is usually related to having the incorrect version of TWS installed, please note the correct version is 887.2.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes