Current Days Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Days Data

I have a problem that when I create a new chart it does not show any of the current days data. For instance, if it is 2pm and I open a chart it does not show the data from the market opening to 2pm. It only shows data from up to midnight the previous day and the current tick at 2pm.

I am using both Interactive brokers and IQFeed and I have the same results with both.

How do I fix this?

Screen Shot

Here is a screen shot
    Attached Files

Comment

2nd problem

This is another problem I have. Sometimes the x-axis does not increment time. For instance, I open a chart with 1 minute bar intervals. The historical data is shown in 1 min increments. I then leave the chart open for 45 minutes and you expect to see 45 new bars. What I get is just one giant bar showing the last 45minutes of data instead of 45 - 1 minute bars.

What is wrong with my charting?! I was connected to IB when I took this screen shot.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi mtech,

Please confirm that you use TWS 887.2, if your version is different you can use this link and change it - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Also please check your Session time settings in the 'Chart Properties' (double click on the chart to bring them up), they should be setup to reflect all the data you intend to display.

If this does not help you, also try reloading your historical data (right click on the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data').

Have a great day!
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi mtech,

for your second post regarding the UYM traded on AMEX - are you properly subscribed to the data from IB for this? Please confirm with IB as there were some changes to their data access in the past...Thanks!

Comment

I use 889.4

I use TWS version 889.4. Do I need to downgrade to 887.2?

Secondly, the first thing I checked was the date settings under properties. They are the correct date ranges.

Thirdly, I also tried clicking on restore historical data. This just reset the current days data to the time I clicked the button.

Comment

Hi mtech,
              Yes please downgrade to 887.2 as this is our recommend version to use with NinjaTrader.

We also had a new release version of NinjaTrader since yesterday (6.5.1000.8). If you click Help > Download Site you can access it conveniently.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post geddyisodin  
              Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
              6 responses