Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Executions/Trades Multiple contract orders

Support,

When I make a trade for 5 contracts, and then go to generate a report, it shows 5 trades for 1 contract each.

Is there a way to just show 1 trade for the quantity of 5 contracts.

Im sure there is I just havent found it.

Thanks

Mike Lewthwaite

Hello,

These are most likely partical fills. The exchange/market you are trading with dictates how you are filled.

You should see this in your log tab with in your Control Center.

If you still have questions in this regard please send us your log and trace files from Help>Mailt to Support. Include the address to this thread for our reference, and how you are sumbitting the order.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ben,

This is happening on DEMO

So Im getting filled no problem. Even on 2 contracts, the execution or trade column always shows 2 executions for 1 contract each.

I can click on the "ORDER" window and it will show me the orders for 2 contracts.

BUT when I click on EXECUTIONS or TRADES then I wont find them grouped together.

I would like to click "trades" and find my "trades" for x# of contracts each. This is because the "trades" column shows my p/l and cum. p/l

You cant generate a order report with p&l

Thanks,

Mike

I would like to hit "excutions" on the control panel and find that there are several trades for different quantities rather than 10 executions for 2 trades at 5 contracts each.

Thanks,

Mike
      Last edited by Pip Ventures; 12-09-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Hello,

The simulator can give partial fills if you have: Tools>Options>Simulator tab>Enforce partial fills checked.

However I can't really help you unless you send in your log and trace files (as instructed below) after it has happened.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
          Hello,

The simulator can give partial fills if you have: Tools>Options>Simulator tab>Enforce partial fills checked.

However I can't really help you unless you send in your log and trace files (as instructed below) after it has happened.
          Ben,

Thank you

That fixed everything.

I had that box checked. After unchecking it everything shows up just as it should

Mike

Comment

Any help?

how to add multiple targets to a strategy and add a trailing stop

Comment

What I really want it to do is to trade multiple of three contracts with the first target at +10, second target at +15 and third target trail. I want to use a 30 point stop but the stop moves to breakeven after the price moves 12 ticks. Then the stop will trail the price for the last contract. The trailing stop should stay at breakeven until the price has moved from the entry 25 ticks then the stop stays 20 ticks behind until the price and moves with it every tick. Once the price gets 35 ticks from the entry then the stop trails 15 ticks behind and then at 45 ticks of profit the stop trails by 10 ticks and stays ten ticks behind until it is stopped out.
              Last edited by luxurious_04; 08-15-2010, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Luxorious,

I'll have one of our staff members reply to you a little later.
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello luxurious_04,

Thank you for your post.

I have attached screen shots to help you visualize the setup.

I set this example up on the ES 09-10 where 1 tick is equal to .25 points. We set your initial stop loss to 30 on all three targets. Profit targets will be put at 10, 15 and we will leave the 3rd target at 0 to act as a runner.

In order to accomplish your stop strategy, will have to use a combination of auto breakeven and auto trail.

For the auto breakeven, we will set the "Profit trigger" to 12 and "Plus" to 0. We will repeat this for all 3 targets. Now once price reaches 12 ticks in profit, your stops for all 3 targets will move to your average entry price.

For the runner, we will use a 3 step auto trail. We set the "Profit trigger" to 25, "Stop Loss" to 20 and the "frequency" to 1. This ensures that after 25 ticks in profit, your stop loss will move to 20 ticks behind the current market price and will continue to adjust for every 1 tick in profit (frequency). The stop will continue to run tighter as you have describe. Please refer to the images attached for the exact setup.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
                  Attached Files
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post geddyisodin  
                  Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM