Price deviation from the Bid: Profit/Loss off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price deviation from the Bid: Profit/Loss off

When trading with the simulator and Mirus Futures I have the following problem:

The profit/loss bar during a trade always shows +1 tick. SO if im up 5 ticks, it will say +6 if Im downn 4 ticks it will say -3 ticks

This must be due to the fact that the NT is not following the BId price all the time.

See pic.

In the pic the ask is 476.1 the bid is 475.9 So you would expect the NT chart price to be 475.9 following the bid. Instead its at 476.0 right in between the bid and the ask.

Is there an option that needs to be selected to cause the price to follow the bid and rectify this problem?

thank you,

Mike

Hi Pip Ventures,

Please right click in your chart --> go to properties --> change "display update interval" to 0 then click apply.
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Michael,

Settings were already at 0. still has problem.

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Michael View Post
      Hi Pip Ventures,

Please right click in your chart --> go to properties --> change "display update interval" to 0 then click apply.

Comment

Hi,

I noticed you have a 3rd party indicator installed, could you please open a new chart without a template selected. Place a sim trade with a stop loss and profit target then take a screen shot after you have changed the update interval property to 0.

To add a screenshot, click CTRL + PRINT SCREEN. Then, open up Paint from Start > Accessories > Paint. Paste into the Paint program by clicking CTRL + V. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and add as an attachment.
        Screen shot Windows XP

- Highlight the window you want to take a screenshot of
        - Then press ALT+Prnt Scrn
        MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Michael,

No indicators. Those were just multiple WMA's

But I opened a chart like you said.

I did it in a very slow market after 4:30

You can see taht the NT price is not the same as the B in the order entry column but is inbetween A and B

So looking at the pic, if I were to buy right then I would buy at 469.8. The NT price is at 469.7 so it would say -1 tick. This is wrong, cause the bid is at 469.5 I should be -3 ticks.

Hope you can figure this out.

Thanks

mike

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Michael View Post
          Hi,

I noticed you have a 3rd party indicator installed, could you please open a new chart without a template selected. Place a sim trade with a stop loss and profit target then take a screen shot after you have changed the update interval property to 0.

To add a screenshot, click CTRL + PRINT SCREEN. Then, open up Paint from Start > Accessories > Paint. Paste into the Paint program by clicking CTRL + V. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and add as an attachment.
          Screen shot Windows XP

- Highlight the window you want to take a screenshot of
          - Then press ALT+Prnt Scrn
          Last edited by Pip Ventures; 12-09-2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the screenshots.

What you see in your chart displayed is the last price, which is different from the Bid / Ask price in your market.

When you submit a market order in a liquid market you could expect to be filled at the ask, vice versa for a sell market order and the bid.

NinjaTrader's PnL calculations will reflect this and include the spread in your traded market.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

Thank you.

So this is why NT has a button for "Sell at Limit"

But also, I will have to deal with the profit and loss being off. Cause it always is. NT profit line will say green .03 but then when I close its always green .02.

I understand slippage but this is not. I have done hundreds of trades and it is always off by a tick. I can never expect to have the p/l shown in the profit line on the chart.

Guess I ll have to live with it.

Mike

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              Hi Mike,

Thanks for the screenshots.

What you see in your chart displayed is the last price, which is different from the Bid / Ask price in your market.

When you submit a market order in a liquid market you could expect to be filled at the ask, vice versa for a sell market order and the bid.

NinjaTrader's PnL calculations will reflect this and include the spread in your traded market.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
              15 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse