Placing new strat into Superdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing new strat into Superdom

I've just rewritten and verified an existing simple private stategy in Tradestation using NT functions to allow TS to send orders to NT. Simple enough so far. The question now is how to make sure that when the strategy if fired that there will be a trailing stop employed to protect against huge losses. Is there a way to get the title of the newly created strategy in TS to show up in the Superdom strategy window to allow me to add stop loss parameters or a stop strategy?

On topic but a different tack would have me ask is there a way I could write the opposite strat for the other side and have another superdom manage that strat with the same account? All would be well with the world if I could practice managing both with the sim account.

Thanks for your help.

Lincoln

imported post

Lincoln,

You can do all that. You have to create a strategy template in the SuperDOM that submits your stops/targets and managed the stops via auto trail. Use the function NTCommand() and pass in the name of this strategy. You could have a the same strategy template but save it under different names. In TS, just use the different names to identify the strategy. You can submit a stratetegy to go long and short at the same time and manage separately in the DOM.

Please see this DOC for using DisplayStrategyOnly mode.

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ategyMode.html

Ray

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Hello again...I've reviewed the video and pages, and I have two superdoms open, I also have two strategies sending email orders from TS to Ninja trader. The orders are being recieved by Ninja trader... The problem is that they both show the same order at the same time.

Is it possible to run two different strats?

Lincoln

Comment

imported post

It is not possible to visualize separatelyorders generated from different strategies in TS through the TSEmail interface.

Ray

Comment

imported post

So I am trying to do something that isn't possible...I take it Ray that I have to enable two accounts to actually track two different strategies.

Comment

imported post

Yes, two different accounts if you want each TS strategy to be traded and visualized separately.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Thanks Ray...I'll work on setting that up. If I run into trouble with it I'll post again.

lincoln

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes