Space to the Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space to the Right

Some third party indicators plot in the space to the right on charts. At the same time, we try to balance this extra 'unused" space, with our screen real estate, and the desire to plot as many bars as possible in a window.

The ability to drag the chart right or left is a great feature. I was wondering if it is programatically possible to change the right space margin automatically by the amount dragged. In this way, we could set up our charts to use very little space to the right, using the full window for bars, and before plotting an indicator in the right side margin, we could drag the chart to the left. The current drag of the chart to the left creates extra space to the right, but doesn't seem to include that extra space in the right side margin.

Hello Pivot44,

Thank you for your post.

Not sure if this is what your asking for, but you can change the spacing in the right side margin by right clicking in your chart, selecting properties and change "Right side margin." This is in # pixels.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

re:

I am aware of that parameter; my question was to have that automatically changed by dragging to the left. Bringing up the properties box and changing the parameter each time we want to see some plots in the right side margin, then changing it back to zero or a small number is unfeasible.

Looking for a drag to automatically change the right side margin temporarily to save time and keystrokes.

Comment

Originally posted by pivot44 View Post
        I am aware of that parameter; my question was to have that automatically changed by dragging to the left. Bringing up the properties box and changing the parameter each time we want to see some plots in the right side margin, then changing it back to zero or a small number is unfeasible.

Looking for a drag to automatically change the right side margin temporarily to save time and keystrokes.
        Unfortunately this is not supported.

I will forward your suggestion to development for future consideration.

Thank you and happy trading!
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Belfortbucks  
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses