Static SuperDom Auto breakeven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static SuperDom Auto breakeven

Was Sim trading YM today. I placed a sell market order using Static SuperDom. Under Stop Strategy Auto breakeven I have Profit Trigger set to 6 Plus 2. This usually works just fine. However in ths instance after I placed my Sim sell the market really jumped in the direction of my trade. It zoomed past my Auto Breakeven Profit trigger (it may even have jumped over it). Anyway, my Auto breakeven Plus 2 stop order never appeared. Can you explain what happened? Thanks.

(PS - If NT needs to detect actually hitting the profit trigger, maybe the internal logic can be changed to activating it as soon as NT detects a price >= to the profit trigger, because in this case NT never activated my Auto breakeven).

BTW - I'm using Zen-Fire. In live trading are stops simulated on my computer or held at ZF or the exchange? What about trailing stops - simulated on my machine or implemented on ZF/exchange? Thanks.
    Last edited by higler; 12-12-2008, 01:10 PM.

Originally posted by higler View Post
    Was Sim trading YM today. I placed a sell market order using Static SuperDom. Under Stop Strategy Auto breakeven I have Profit Trigger set to 6 Plus 2. This usually works just fine. However in ths instance after I placed my Sim sell the market really jumped in the direction of my trade. It zoomed past my Auto Breakeven Profit trigger (it may even have jumped over it). Anyway, my Auto breakeven Plus 2 stop order never appeared. Can you explain what happened? Thanks.

(PS - If NT needs to detect actually hitting the profit trigger, maybe the internal logic can be changed to activating it as soon as NT detects a price >= to the profit trigger, because in this case NT never activated my Auto breakeven).

BTW - I'm using Zen-Fire. In live trading are stops simulated on my computer or held at ZF or the exchange? What about trailing stops - simulated on my machine or implemented on ZF/exchange? Thanks.
    Hello Highler,

Thank you for your post.

I am not sure how this could happen, if this happens again or you have a reproducible scenario please let us know.

Please see this link for where your orders reside: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I might be posting in the wrong section, but I would like to see an option for breakeven to be tied with target 1, 2 or 3.

For example let's have simple ATM strategy: 2 targets and 1 stop.
      Let's make 1st target 10 ticks, 2nd target 20ticks and stop 10 ticks.
      Now I set up break even 10 + 1
      That means my first target is hit and filled I move my stop for remaining portion to breakeven.
      That is good, but... what I do usually is place ATM order on chart and after it's filled I move target and stop orders to a different places ( visual support resistance). So my 1st target may be now in 15 ticks or 8 ticks (depending on what i see on chart), but my breakeven is still hardcoded for 10+1 ticks.

That would be a very nice feature.

And another thing would be nice - ability to move stop and target orders before the entry order is filled.

Thank you
      Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your input roonius, I agree two handy features!
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT Customer Sevice: I have read the following numerous times.

"Zen-Fire
          Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Zen-Fire servers. OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC."

Please help me understand some things.

If I use Static Superdom to place a market order with ATM strategy of stop loss 20 and profit target of 40 then the stop loss and profit target are simulated on my local PC (since it seems that these are OCO). Is this a correct understanding?

What I would like to do is immediately after a market order is filled is to set a stop loss of 20 that is held on either the Zen-Fire or exchange servers. How can I do this?

Thank you?

Comment

Hi higler,

Your 'OCO being held locally' understanding is correct.

This depends if the exchange you are trading on offers your order natively.

For example for Globex StopLimit or Limit orders would be resting directly at the exchange.

Comment

Please try and answer the whole thing in some detail. I am really dense and confused about this.

Does that mean that my ATM strategies are managed locally on my machine even if I am trading YM (Globex)? What about TF? I am having difficulty in understanding what is simulated on my machine and what is managed on the servers/exchange.

Perhaps it would be easest to just go into some detail about how the following trade example is managed by NT and when/where the trade instructions are sent or held:

Using NT/Zen-Fire.
              Issue a YM buy market order with ATM set to stop loss of 20 ticks and Profit objective of 40 ticks.
              Please explain how this order is handled and on what machines/servers it is handled.

Thanks.
              Last edited by higler; 12-13-2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

The profit target and stop loss orders will be sent and held at the exchange, but the "link" that cancels one order when the other is executed is only held on your local PC. If for some reason you lost internet connection or your computer crashed, you would have 2 live orders at the exchange. One will need to be cancelled manually, or you run the risk of having both executed if their prices are hit, essentially opening a new position in the opposite direction.

Hope this helps.
                VT

Edit: this assumes you're NOT using the "simlutated stop orders" they are held on your computer and not submitted to the exchange
                Last edited by VTtrader; 12-13-2008, 10:35 PM.

Comment

VTtrader - Thanks. That was the type of information that I was looking for. Is there a way to have NT send just a Stop Loss when a position is opened and not also a profit objective? Thanks.

Comment

Hi higler, yes you could use an ATM strategy with just StopLoss value entered while leaving the target at 0.

Comment

higler,

If you are referring to the ATM Strategy just leave the "Profit Target" set at 0. I believe that is what I used to do and then use stop adjustments to take you out.

Comment

I would like to thank everyone who has commented. You have helped me a lot. I have found this to be a great and helpful forum.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words higler!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ZenCortexReal, Today, 08:52 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post ZenCortexReal  
                          Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM