Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is Gain Capital Group the only FX connection to NT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Gain Capital Group the only FX connection to NT ?

If I understood well from NT Support Forum - The only connection and provider for Forex Market for Ninja Trader is Gain Capital Group, in fact its division Forex.com ?

If so, why did you choose just this broker? What are benefits for a small trader like me to trade Forex with them via NT in comparison to other retail oriented brokers like IB or MB Trading ?

Do they provide tight spread as for instance MB Trading which has most of the time spread on EUR/USD just 1 pip ?

I know the MT Trading platform is poor as compared with NT but tight spread for a scalper like me is essential to survive when I am to close a wrong trade entry point. And this is however often.

Svata

imported post

That is correct, at this time we support only GAIN/FOREX.com for FX trading through NinjaTrader.

Please send an email to dan at ninjatrader.comto with your questions below.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ray,
      I am new to ninja can you tell me please if the the Gain demo prices on DOM would be the exact same as if I were using a live account with Gain ???

Comment

Hello Be-Positive,

Yes, real-time data is the same between the demo and live Gain connection.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi jason,
          Thanks for quick reply
          Ninja is one great platform but only as good as the brokers spreads that feed it and as far as Gain (forex prices) goes from what I have seen so far they are a shower of cowboys --- would it not be better for ninja to quide all its clients to the brokers with the tighest spreads ??? after all the tighter the spread the better it is for all traders

Comment

Please note that you posted in a forum thread that dated from 2006.

We support additional forex brokers now. We support the following Forex Brokers:

- GAIN Capital/FOREX.com
            - PFGBEST.com
            - MB Trading
            - Interactive Brokers

Click the following link for the GAIN Capital/FOREX.com connection guide:

PFGBEST.com: Click the following link below to view the setup guide for connecting to PFGBEST.com.

MBT Forex: Click the following link to view the setup guide for connecting to MBT.

Interactive Brokers: Click the following link to view the setup guide for connecting to Interactive Brokers.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT Supported Forex Brokers

@NT Support Team

Is the above list with
              • GAIN
              • PFGBEST
              • MBT Forex
              • Interactive Brokers

still complete or are there additional supported Forex Brokers now, as I see that you partner list grows rapidly.
              Thanks, brima

Comment

Hi,

This is still the list as of today.
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Just as a follow-up - I see there are a number of other brokers listed on your partner page that appear to support forex trading. For example, AMP Futures and Forex, and Zaner Futures and Forex among others.

If the four brokers listed in this thread (Gain, IB, PFG and MBT) are still the only connections available for forex, how is forex trading done through the other brokers listed on your partner page? Would the connection be done through one of the four listed connections? For example, to connect to AMP futures, is that actually a Gain connection?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Hi rglaze,

The four data sources listed are still the only ones which are supported, but different brokerage partners do offer connections to those four.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Support,

I am wondering, which of the three Forex brokers (Gain, PFGBest, MBT) has unfiltered ticks data feed ?
                      I have IB and I know IB does not provide unfiltered ticks. It is frustrating when I open a currency pair tick based chart and it shows blank.

Thanks.
                      Regards,
                      EdwardK.

Comment

Hello Edward Kunafi,

Thank you for your post.

Since we are not the data provider, it would be best that you contact each provider and ask them directly.

If you are just interested in data and do not need to connect to a broker, you might want to look into Kinetick as a data provider for NinjaTrader 7. With Kinetick for data, you could connect to your IB brokerage account and use the data from Kinetick. Unfortunately, Kinetick is not supported by NT V6.5.
                        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post DJ888
                        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                        0 responses