Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index ^STI Fails To Load

Hi

I encounter downloading problem with ^STI index from Yahoo. The error is fail to retrieve data ^STI.sgx. However, I am able to download other stocks in SGX and indices from NYSE. Please advise.

I suggest to create the instrument manual. Go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and click New.

Check the Default exchange, set currency to US Dollar, tick size to 0.01.

Set the symbol mapping for Yahoo in the Misc-tab to ^STI.

I tested this setup on my end and received data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It works now. Thanks Jason

Comment

Was working but not working now.

I was able to get the STI data yesterday as setup per the instructions below, but today I am not able to get it. The error message reads "Error on loading chart data for ^STI Default: Unable to load historical data: unknown instrument."

These are my settings in instrument manager:
        Misc tab: yahoo: ^STI
        URL: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5ESTI
        Tick: 0.01
        Curr: USD

Any ideas?
        Andrew

Comment

Hello Andrew,

It still works on my end today, see screenshot.

Does it make a difference if you restart NinjaTrader?

Did you perhaps add more instruments with the same symbol map (^STI) in the Instrument Manager?

Make sure you use a daily interval in the chart as well - Yahoo only supports historical daily data.
          Attached Files

Comment

I deleted all the instruments with STI and re-entered it and still have the same error message. are there any other settings that I may need to change?

Comment

Can you please perform a restart of NinjaTrader and check once more.

Could it be you still have custom instruments present that use the same symbol map of ^STI in the Misc-tab? If so, please delete these instruments in the Instrument Manager as well. Restart NinjaTrader and check again.

Comment

No joy. removed all the self created intruments with ^STI. restarted and created a new instrument. should i clear some databases?

Comment

Can you please rename your database and check if this will work. Please rename your database with the following steps :

•Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                  •Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
                  •Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
                  •Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
                  •Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost – ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our inbuild backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm

Start NinjaTrader and create a new ^STI index instrument and check if you receive data.

Comment

Jason, still not able to receive data after following these steps. Andrew

I am going to try uninstall and reinstall as I installed it on a diff computer and it worked.
                    Last edited by ahx888; 06-20-2012, 09:10 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Before I reinstalled, I diconnected from my Kinetick Live data feed and suddenly the data from Yahoo came through and populated my chart. It must be that the chart was pointing to my Kinetick data feed to look for the symbol and was not able to find it.

Any way to fix this? or is the solution to have the Yahoo feed first and then the Kinetick one second?

Comment

Yes, you would need to connect to Yahoo first and Kinetick second.

Please note that NinjaTrader loads data from the first connected connection on most occassions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), it will load data from the second connection.

Kinetick supports all 4 instrument types, so all data is loaded from Kinetick when connected to Kinetick first.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bmartz
                        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                        4 responses