Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Still Having Major Order Problems (simulator)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Having Major Order Problems (simulator)

I am still having these major order problems when I practice trade with chart trader... It happens with both the IB data feed and the Barcharts data feed.

It only happens on the second chart I open (I trade only 2 stocks all day)

It always happens the second half of the day but when I buy and sell the "bar" that comes out from chart trader with my shares on it and caculates my PnL throws me into the stock about 2$ off from the market price. After I have bought and sold the number are correct, but while I am in the trade the are incorrect. I start out either like a 1000.00 up or down right from when I buy or sell (short)..

It is also making my account act funny. My buying power goes into the negatives and my account becomes all messed up. It does not allow me to buy or sell sometimes saying I am over my limit, which I am not, it just thinkgs I am because my PnL are thousands off if I am losing a trade since it starts me off in a major loss.

It has nothing to do with IB or TWS because I have the same problems with barccharts...

I am about ready to live trade soon but I really need this resolved because I do not feel comfortable with it at all.

I have repaired the database, restored historical data and restarted NT many times... I am running the last update of NT...

Any help is always appreciated!

Hello Tshirtdeal,

Thank you for your post.

Can you send in your trace and log files so we can investigate?

Go to Help --> Mail to support and reference this post.

Thank you!
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks RJ

Ok, thanks,

the email will not send, I am getting a faluire notice after it zips and attempts to send the files....it say the other party failed to connect....

Comment

My bad

My bad,

I never set up the SMTP in the options settings,

all sent now....

Comment

Great, thanks for reporting back!
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No Problem

yeah, I could'nt figure out why it was not sending, then I though "how the heck can it send?"

I realized an email needs to be set up and figured it out pretty quickly...

anyway, I am curious if NT IT figured out the problem, I won't know till the next day of trading...

Is there anyway that I can communicate with them, it seems to me they feel the problem was just an error in the download of the last update....

The reason I want to know the problem is so that is I am live trading and it occurs I can quickly try to resolve it by just "re downloding" the last update...

The real problem this caused for me is since it puts me in at a different price it revereses my "true" buying power and margin and I become extremely limited in what I have the ability to purchase...

I can get over the "potentianl PnL" bar being in the wrong place so long as the end result is correct, but is refuses me of entering trades I should be able to enter because I enter at an extreme loss right off the bat...

Thanks and good trading!

P.S. I just like to be able to understand and resolve problems on the fly, so if I can understand what went wrong and can fix it on my own I won't have to bother anyone

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB