quick question on tick values..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question on tick values..

Hi, i am new to NT, and was wondering how to change the tick values.. hope im asking this correctly, let me explain..

Using dom or chart trading, on stocks say in the $50 area, every tick up and down in price is showing as $.01 and when i setup ATM with a stop loss of say 6 ticks it makes it 6 pennies down..

I would prefer to have them shown in $.10 and have 6 ticks be $.60 down..

and would like to change what the dom or chart shows from .01 to .10 also for each price up and down..

I know this is probably something very basic but i can't seem to find any info on changing it, i thought that going to instrument manager>tick and changing it there might do it.. but that didnt seem to do anything.. thanks!

Hello Icetech,

It is not recommended to change the default ticksize of instruments, this can cause issues upon trading.

I suggest to use values multiplied by ten for your stop loss and profit target.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 12-17-2008, 05:54 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks jason.. will set it up like that

Comment

One other quick question...

On some stocks when i buy them using a stop loss/trigger strat the 3 order stack on top of each other than the stock buy and sells almost at the same time.. but i switch to another symbol and it works fine.. im simulator AXP will do this to me.. but switch to BA and it works fine.. any idea?

Comment

Hello Icetech,

Am I correct in understanding that using this ATM strategy on the AXP will close out the position much faster than when using the strategy on the BA or other stocks?

Please tell me what values are used for your ATM strategy. Could it be the AXP is more volatile than others and thus your position is closed out faster?
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i got it all worked out today jason... i just did the x10 for my ticks in ATM...

i think in the sim i was switching between stocks and futures or something with a .25 tick.. my own stupidity yet again.. this has been a very blonde week for me

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Brevo
            by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes