Live Trades dont match Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Trades dont match Strategy Analyzer

My live trades (Desertsoft CCI strategy) don't match the Strategy Analyzer trades for the same day. Trades are off by tics and sometimes 1 bar.. This is a game of tics for day traders and makes a difference between a BE and a full stop out. How can I make the trades match?

Originally posted by gg80108 View Post
    My live trades (Desertsoft CCI strategy) don't match the Strategy Analyzer trades for the same day. Trades are off by tics and sometimes 1 bar.. This is a game of tics for day traders and makes a difference between a BE and a full stop out. How can I make the trades match?
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected in a backtest as backtest orders are filled at the OLHC and live data can be filled with incomin tick data, as well as other reasons.

Please see this link for a detailed explanation: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...sBacktest.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected in a backtest as backtest orders are filled at the OLHC and live data can be filled with incomin tick data, as well as other reasons.

Please see this link for a detailed explanation: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...sBacktest.html
      I understand the above link. However, if you run a multi-time frame strategy you can get around this correct? I run a minute strategy (primary bars), but plan to make it a multi-time frame strategy with ticks as the secondary bars object. Is this possible, or do the bars objects really have to be bars (i.e. 2 ticks or more).

My goal here is to be able to run my minute strategy live with calculateonbarclose = false, and then be able to produce very similar results in a backtest (because the backtest will now be able to reference tick data as well). Would this approach work using the BarsInProgress() method? Thanks,

kcsystemtrader

Comment

Yes, but 1tick charts are very taxing on the system because they are so computationally intensive. Please see this reference sample: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=6652
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes