Error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message

I am using the PLACE and CANCELSTRATEGY command from ATI. When I place the CANCELSTRATEGY command I get the following attached error. Do you have any idea what could be the possible reason?
    Attached Files

OIF? Please see this article for how to use OIF files properly: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nFilesOIF.html
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Let me discuss the ninja trader command that our program is sending.

Command(PLACE;Sim101;ES 03-09;SELL;8;MARKET;0;0;Day;;AutoTradesa4d8f48fe34942 1593363f30301c10b6;Application;AutoTrades27915c97d f1146f8a5b9a94500620e6d)

Where:
      COMMAND - PLACE
      ACCOUNT - Sim101
      INSTRUMENT - ES 03-09
      ACTION - SELL
      QTY - 8
      ORDER TYPE -MARKET
      LIMIT PRICE - 0
      STOP PRICE - 0
      TIF - DAY
      OCO ID-
      ORDER ID - AutoTradesa4d8f48fe349421593363f30301c10b6 (unique for every command that we send through API)
      STRATEGY - Application
      STRATEGY ID- AutoTrades27915c97df1146f8a5b9a94500620e6d (unique for every command)

This is place command that we send via our application. Let me know if something is wrong here. The Ninja trader help for this command is pasted below.

PLACE COMMAND
      This command will place orders, place orders that initiate a NinjaTrader ATM strategy or place orders that are applied to an active NinjaTrader position strategy. Providing the optional strategy name field with a valid strategy template name will result in execution of that strategy once the order is partially or completely filled. Pass in an optional unique string value for the strategy id in order to reference that strategy via other commands. To apply an order to an active strategy (existing strategies stop loss and target orders are amended) pass in the active strategy id value and leave the strategy name field blank. Pass in an optional unique string value for the order id in order to reference that order via other commands. If specifying a strategy template name, there is no need to pass in an order id as the strategy based orders can be referenced by their internally generated names such as TARGET1, STOP1 and so on.

Now, when the condition for closing the order occurs we send the following command:
      CLOSESTRATEGY;;;;0;;0;0;;;;Application;AutoTrades2 7915c97df1146f8a5b9a94500620e6d

Where:
      COMMAND - CLOSESTRATEGY
      ACCOUNT -
      INSTRUMENT -
      ACTION -
      QTY - 0
      ORDER TYPE -
      LIMIT PRICE - 0
      STOP PRICE - 0
      TIF -
      OCO ID -
      ORDER ID -
      STRATEGY - Application
      STRATEGY ID - AutoTrades27915c97df1146f8a5b9a94500620e6d (this is used with place command)

This is what is explained Ninja Tader for this command.
      CLOSESTRATEGY COMMAND
      This command will close a strategy and requires a strategy id value. The strategy id value must match a strategy id given to a strategy in the PLACE command. This command will close the specified strategy.

Can you think of what we are doing wrong here? It will be great help if you can find if we are doing something wrong. I really do not think so.

Still we get the message that I posted before. Any help will be appreciated.

--
      Nitin

Comment

Hi Nitin,

The reason you get the error message is because your strategy name is too long. Please try something significantly shorter.

Comment

One more question:

It was my understanding that in order to utilize an ATM strategy on the DOM I needed to send that strategy name in the command. The strategy I have built in the NT DOM is called "Application". If I do not send this name in the command, will I still be able to utilize the strategy by simply selecting it in the ATM drop down prior to the automated execution?

Comment

I would submit it with the name call. Not sure what will happen if you do not.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes