IQFeed: some symbols are slower than the others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed: some symbols are slower than the others

I've noticed that when loading 5-day intraday stock data in Market Analyzer from IQFeed, some symbols took much longer to lad then the others (GAIN took 20 seconds, EBAY took 1 second). IQFeed tech support rep claimed that all their stock data streams equally fast and suggested that some symbols may not be setup properly in Instrument Manager. However, I was using the standard NQ100 list that came preloaded with NT installation. I've got a WinXP machine with 2.1GHz dual-core CPU and 2Gb RAM. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
    Last edited by billitin; 12-18-2008, 03:32 PM.

I have seen huge variations in load times but for the same symbols over the same period. I also confirmed it is not IQfeed because there is no internet activity occurring at the time of the delay loading the chart.

For instance, I can load a chart. Takes split second. Close it. Load it again, exact same settings, takes 2-3 minutes.

Sometimes it will load in a split second again, sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes. There seems to be no in-between, it's either real fast, or real slow.

I believe the 'fix' is wait for NT7 and pray

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post GLFX005
    by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM