Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New error connecting to IB today

Hello Ninja's,

I've been using the software without incident for a week. Today (all day) when I go to "file/connect/IB (my name for the connection) I get one popup that says:

"Login failed: TWS closed socket (no more data to read)"

When I hit OK on that box, I get another that says:

"TWS forced your connection to close. NinnjaTrader is unable to automatically reconnect. Please shut down NinjaTrader and reconnect manually to TWS: No more data to read."

Can someone offer some insight?

Thanks

Hi Patslat,

Please answer the following questions:

What version of NT do you have installed? Go to Help --> About.

What version of TWS do you have installed?

Have you made any changes to your PC?
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Getting the same error messages when trying to login:

"Login failed: TWS closed socket (No more data to read)"

and after okay:

"TWS forced your connection to close. NinjaTrader is unable to automatically reconnet. Please shut down NinjaTrader ..."

Get this on my trading PC:
      NT 6.5.1000.8, TWS 887.2 (API 9.60), Java 1.6.0.11
      and on my backup PC trying to connect to paper trading account:
      NT 6.5.1000.8, TWS 890.6 (API 9.60), Java 1.6.0.11

(Sometimes) reboot seems to work? All XP Pro (32bit) SP3 PCs, btw.

Comment

Hi BillCh, if the TWS is forcing a disconnect there is unfortunately not much we can do - you could forward your log and trace files for review to support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand and I will take a look.

For your setup, we would still recommend using TWS 887.2 as outlined in our IB connection guide - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That happens to me when I have more than one application that is connected to IB and is pulling data. For example if you have bracket trader, and quote tracker running at the same time and then you connect NINJA, you might get that error. Just connect NINJA first.

Comment

same login problems to many of us

It happened to me about a few months ago. sounds like many people are having same login problems this year (zen fire).

maybe you should check your systems.

Comment

Hello diage4,

Please send in your trace and log files to support AT NinjaTrader dot com and I'm sure we can find where your disconnections are coming from. Reference this post as well.

Note: NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:
              - ISP issues
              - hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently
              - Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.
              - With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections
              - Broker servers having problems
              MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx all, it was QuoteTracker which was running. Set ID to something different from 0 at QT and NT can connect again.

@mainstream!

Are you using BracketTrader & NinjaTrader simultaneously? And if so, on the same instrument?

In other words, could I trade the ES (Mini S&P future) from a strategy in NinjaTrader and manually at the same time from BracketTrader?

I would love to use NTs DOM but unfortunatelly it does not (really) support IB FFA subaccounts, so I rather stick to BT which at least has the BT-Controller

Thank you!

Comment

Problem Connecting Interactive Brokers to Ninja Trader

Hi,

Every time I try to connect Ninja to Interactive Brokers i get the following message

"TWS forced your connection to close. Ninja Trader is unable to automatically reconnect. Please shut down Ninja Trader and reconnect manually to TWS. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine"

Im running Ninja Trader 7.0.1000.7

and IB version 939.2

I have no other connection except Ninja

Can someone please help?

Comment

First please upgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.14 with the steps I have provided below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc.
                    • Close all running applications.
                    • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                    • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                    • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                    • Reboot your machine.
                    • Once these steps are completed, download NT 7.0.1000.14 from the link below:
                    Download

With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 938.1.

Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 938.1 via the following link:

Once TWS 938.1 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Continue to get error msg

thanks for your reply

I followed all the suggested steps but continue to get an error, please see attached

any ideas what else I need to do/try?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                        1.) A link to this forum thread.
                        2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

only 12 months data from IB

thanks for your reply I have solved this issue, however I can now only pull 12 months of ASX data from Interactive Brokers.

This happens even when I change the period to a longer period eg from 365 days to 1200 days.

How can I solve this?

Comment

If you only receive 12 months of data even when setting "Days to load" to 1200 this indicates they only have 12 month available on the server(s) that NinjaTrader connects to.

In order to receive additional historical data you would need to connect to a provider that offers the amount of data you require.

Click here to view more information on Historical Data and Understand the data provided by your connectivity provider

Comment

NinjaTrader connection to IteractiveBrokers

Hello
                              I have two accounts on Interactive Brokers and I can't connect to both account on NT7 have connection only one. When I try to connect second account I got a message "Login failed: TWS closed socket (No more data to read) and after I click OK I got second message
                              "TWS forced your connection to close Ninja Trader is unable to utomaticly reconnect.......
                              I use TWS40_944_1 what NinjaTrader sagest. Please help me to fix this problem. I contacted to IB support center they forward to NT support.
                              Thank you
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rtwave
                              by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM