Ib Feed For Tick Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ib Feed For Tick Charts

Does anyone know is there any comparable chart for a 2500 tick chart since IB doesnt have tick feed. Can I use volume charts with IB?

Originally posted by vikingdj View Post
    Does anyone know is there any comparable chart for a 2500 tick chart since IB doesnt have tick feed. Can I use volume charts with IB?
    Unfortunately volume charts are created with tick data as well. You will have to let volume charts build themselves with incoming data.

Go to Tools --> Options --> Data --> Store real time bar data.

See this link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...deV6/Data.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB does have tick data but it's not accurate; I believe they send 'tick' data about every 0.2-0.3 seconds. Certainly their 3- and 5-minute data charts can be extremely inaccurate.

I've never checked if their end of day volume totals are correct but suspect not.

Eric

Comment

Typically volume charts built with R/T IB data are fairly close to other services.
        • IB does send it's R/T feed in .2 sec snapshots
        • It will aggregate all the ticks into this snapshot. For example .. if there were 5 trades during this .2 sec period, IB will report this as 1 tick
        • However the volume for all 5 trades will be reported accurately.

The real problem is when you need historical backfill. NOTHING matches what IB does with it's RT stream.... even IB's own backfill/historical service reports it differently.
        This will really mess up tick charts, but volume charts are less affected.

I use IB for my R/T feed and OTfeed or IQfeed for historical backfill and the volume charts are close enough for my style of trading.

Be aware that Ninja has a terrible habit of reloading historical data when it doesn't need to, and wiping out your carefully collected R/T data.
        No other charting program does this, and I really hope they fix it in NT7

Comment

I have an IB Sim account and run two feeds - one to my laptop, another to my desktop. The aggregated volume generally differs between them even if the time is exactly the same. The difference can be significant.

Comment

Thanks guys for your replys... appreciate your help......

Comment

yeah...
              a) this happens with every feed, for all sorts of reasons.
              b) sim accts act very different to real

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes