Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Partial position off at one target, then autotrail for balance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial position off at one target, then autotrail for balance?

I'd appreciate some help with this, can't figure out how to set it up or if the program can do it. Here's an example:

Buy 2 ER2 contracts

Initial stop 10 ticks

At 10 ticks profit, sell 1 contract and move stop to breakeven

Trail the stop on the second contract, moving the stop up 1 tick for each additional tick of profit over the first 10 ticks where we went breakeven.

I don't want a target on the 2nd contract, but would close it manually or - preferably and if possible - would like to enter a target manually.

How can I set this up, and what would I modify if I wanted to do this in multiples of 3 instead? With a 2nd target and the 3rd contract open ended? Or even trailing the 2 contracts after taking off 1 at 10 ticks, but then manually closing 1 contract and letting the 3rd run?

Guess I'm finding the interface rather confusing - and the examples given in the help files don't cover these contingencies - not sure if any of the videos do but wouldn't know which ones to watch anyway.

Thanks.

imported post

Hi MarkB:

Good Strategy, try setting it up like this:

Target 1:

qty = 1

stop loss = 10

profit target = 10

Target 2

qty= 1

stop loss = 10

profit target = 0

Use Stop Strategy on target 2:

use Autobreakeven with pt = 10

Autotrail 1 step w/

stop loss= 10, freq= 1, prof trigger= 11.

When the market is moving in your favor on the second target, you can manually close the position at your desired profit target level by clicking the 'close' action button on the SuperDOM.
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Ryan wrote:

...When the market is moving in your favor on the second target, you can manually close the position at your desired profit target level by clicking the 'close' action button on the SuperDOM....
      Thanks Ryan, I'll set it up as you've outlined. Additionally though is there a way for me to manually add a target for that second (or third) part of the trade? I'll check out the training offered for sure, but since there isn't a ASM basics training for another week I thought I'd get a headstart this way.

Comment

imported post

Hello Mark,

If you place your pt on your second target to (for example 20). The second target will show visually in the SuperDOM. You can then click on the order and move it up or down to your desired price level and control the order manually.

We will have a webinar tomorrow on Advanced Strategy Management and will show an example of this being used. Please attend, it will begin at 12pm U.S. EST. Follow the link below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/web/tradi...e_webinars.htm

Happy trading!

Ryan

Comment

imported post

Thanks Ryan. I was hoping to be able to do it without having a 2nd target preset at all though. But it's something to work with anyway. I see that class listed for tomorrow, but it said that a prereq is the SuperDOM Basics class which is what I meant about next week, since I missed the one today.

Thanks again, will check it out.

Comment

imported post

It is recommended to attend the SuperDOM basics class first, however we will not hold that against you if you would like to attend, please attend. I would recommend reading up on both ASM and SuperDOM functions in the help guide. Please take a look at these links.

Submitting orders

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ingOrders.html

ASM

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nStrategy.html

Just a little homework for you.

Have a great day!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM