Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight

Hi,

I have a problem with overnight positions. Actually I created constrain for that problem like "to time > 3pm & to time < 10pm". But I still got overnight positions.

Could you kindly elaborate on what your issue is? I am afraid I don't see a clear question in your post. Thanks.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What can I do to avoid "overnight positions" in an automated strategy? I want to close all positions at the end of the day, every day.
      Last edited by Jesse; 12-20-2008, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

I recommend closing out your trades manually as this would likely be the most efficient way to ensure you do not leave overnight positions.
        MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

our problem is, that we want to close our positions in a stock future before the stock market is actually closing. For example, we want to close all our positions in a YM-Future, before the NYSE is closing - 4p.m.

Therefore we added the following condition to our strategies:

Code:
                      if (ToTime(Time[0]) >= ToTime(21, 45, 0))
                      {
                          ExitLong("", "");
                          ExitShort("", "");
                      }
          Since we are UTC/GMT+1 (Berlin, Central European Time), this should be 3:45 p.m. EST. So, this condition should be true when it is 3:45 p.m. EST or later and therefore prevent overnight positions, but it doesn't. Why?

Or ist there another automated way, to flatten all positions at a specific time?

Comment

Hi GerTrader,
            You could use ExitOnClose and set the ExitOnCloseSeconds to match your desired exit time -> http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...itOnClose.html

NinjaTrader will use your set local time zone, maybe you want to check into this to make sure your code gets executed properly.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, we know that NinjaTrader uses local time and therefore we used 21:45 for example, when we want the strategy to close all positions 3:45 p.m. EST.

But when we use for example the S&P 500 Future ES, Close is 3:15 p.m. CST (http://www.cme.com/clearing/clr/spec...tml?product=ES) respectively 4:15 p.m. EST. This means when we want to close our positions at 3:45 p.m. EST, we should set ExitOnClose = true; and ExitOnCloseSeconds = 1800; !?

But i'm wondering, why the condition set we used is not working !? Also, it does work while backtesting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin  
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888