Market Analyzer loaded data not entirely available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer loaded data not entirely available

One unpleasant perk about Market Analyzer is that it doesn't allow to access the entire body of loaded data from all indicators. Let's say I'm loading 2 indicators, one on 10-min bars and another one on 1-min bar. I want both indicators to look back 5 hours (yes, same length of time and not same amount of bars). If I set lookback property to 60 bars, NT first will load data for 60x10min=600 1-min bars and then compound them into 10-min bars. So NT will have at hand those 600 1-min bars that I need. But if I wanna use the 1-min indicator 5 hours back I can access ONLY same 60 bars back, despite NT already has the data! And I can't tell MA to look back 600 bars because it'll be a killer for 10-min bar indicator.

Are there any ways to overcome this unjustified constraint of limiting access to already loaded data? I've already spent a lot of time trying to expand MA's capabilities and at times it becomes frustrating. I also don't understand why there's no option in MA to compare values of different columns, it's so easy to implement but is causing a major inconvenience.
    Last edited by billitin; 12-21-2008, 02:14 PM.

I will forward your suggestions and comments to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have been informed data handling in regards to the Market Analyzer is improved in NinjaTrader 7.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great, I'll be joining the crowd looking forward to the new release. So far I've managed to find workarounds for things but Market Analyzer proved to be a tough one. Hope Ninja team will do a good job on that one.
        Last edited by billitin; 12-22-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes