Indicator Y axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Y axis

For some reason My indicator (ATR) is not painting the price maker on the x axis. I even went to indicator properties and made sure it was set on true, but it won't paint the price maker unless its on the primary chart(ie moving average). Can anyone help. Also, I'm looking for a basic study, where it looks at a 20 period ATR and doubles it, and simply writes that number on the corner of the main chart. I don't know anything about writing scripts, and I really don't want to learn a whole language for a simple thing. If someone can help me out with that code that would be great.

Hello,

Can you please provide us with a screen shot of what you feel is not correct? The ATR indicator plots a price market on the Vertical/Y axis not on the x axis.

To write something on the chart use DrawTextFixed():

The default NinjaTrader ATR should have no problem showing a price marker no matter which panel it is in.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My mistake, thats what i meant to begin with. It doesn't paint it on the y axis. I attached a pictures. It fails to do it on the lower panels, not the main price panel, as those are displaying the ema markers correctly. can you please also describe how you would use the draw text code for the ATR.
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

I tried the draw text function, but still can't get it to work. I basically want the indicator to draw a text of the current ATR multiplied x2 on the top right corner.
        I had one on esignal, it simply displayed auto stop: xx
        It should update on every bar close as the ATR changes. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks

Comment

Hi playafh69, thanks for clarifying - please uninstall your current NinjaTrader installation, clear your brower cache and reinstall from the website link - this should fix the issue with the price markers not showing up on your ATR indicator in Panel 2.

For your DrawText() question - could you post your code so we could take a look?
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes