Strategy Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Trading

I exit EMA crossover strategy play EOD. If I trade the same strategy for same stock the next day, the system carry forward previous day's entry price. How do I sort this out. Thanks.

Hi Parv8, welcome to the NinjaTrader forum - are you talking about an ATM strategy or an automated NinjaScript strategy in your question?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Was asking about automated NinjaScript strategy.

Comment

Hi Parv8, ok please explain a bit more which behavior you notice - how many seconds do you exit before the set EOD time?

Comment

I traded Ninja Strategy to go Long for example yesterday and exited 30 secs to 1 min before market close. Today the same strategy starts and show yesterday's Entry price. It trigger trade after the crossover and close yesterday's trade & go Long or short depending on direction. Therefore, one trade for yesterday's close and open new directional trade and in my trading account I get double the number of stock than original quantity.
          Last edited by Parv8; 12-23-2008, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hi Parv8, are you using ExitOnClose in the Initialize()?

You should also make sure you are flat in your account when starting your strategy the next day.

Please read this here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tPosition.html

Comment

Hi Bertrand

I am using ExitOnClose which is already in the strategy (sorry I don't undertan meaning of "in the Initialize()?"

I went the link but frankly I could not make out exactly what should I do. Can you explain me what should I do to be sure that I am flat in my account when starting my strategy the next day.

Comment

Hi Parv8, sorry for the confusion, thought you programmed the strategy yourself...if you start your strategy it's important you are flat (in no position) in your account for this specific stock / instrument. Otherwise the real time orders your strategy generate will not be matched by your trading account correctly.

Comment

Parv8,

Provided your strategy flattened your account at the end of the day, when you start up the next day it will have a strategy position of flat. You need to ensure your account position is also flat. Then it will all be in sync. If you start your strategy and it is not in a strategy flat position then that is the issue. You will need to go through and debug your strategy to figure out why it is not flat. Use TraceOrders = true and figure out what it is doing.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your patience. Can you please explain how do I flat the position in strategy if it is showing the next day as I see those positions are still there when I start the strategy.

Comment

Parv8,

There is nothing you can manually do. You need to ensure they close as defined by the strategy. If you are using ExitOnClose it should automatically detect a session change historically and close you out. Please ensure you run with the session end time in place so it closes the virtual strategy position at the prior session end.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes