Price manipulation possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price manipulation possible?

Is it possible to something like gather the incoming price data and plot your own price line such as a custom timeframe or something along those lines?

Hello,

You cannot plot more than one time frame on a chart at one time. However you can do any calculation/manipulation of price and plot that on the chart. For example SMA is the simple moving average of price and EMA is the exponential moving average of price.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ben,

I guess what I'm asking is if it's possible to plot your own price using NT or do I have to manipulate the datafeed coming in to NT? For instance I want any indicator I add to the chart to be affected by the manipulated price. I guess price manipulation may be the wrong word, I am looking more for creating a custom timeframe perhaps. Say I want to keep track of ticks but only plot the price data at certain intervals that I see fit etc. I hope that's more clear, if not please let me know and I will try to clarify more. Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

Not by default. This would take extensive programming, if I understand you correctly.

You can eliminate bars for one set interval by double clicking the chart and setting your session begins and ends times. The indicators will then only plot using your displayed "session" bars.

Outside of this what you are asking for is not supported.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thanks Ben, the extensive programming is not a problem, looks like I will just have to filter data before it gets to NT. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lorem
          by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes