Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when trying to look at older futures

Hello,

i had to reinstall windows some days ago, which includes that i had to reinstall NinjaTrader. Now, when i try to chart for example ES 09-08, it displays the following message:
    "You need to select an instrument"

This may be due the fact, that this historical data is not available anymore? But i have saved all my NT-Folders (in programs and in my documents), so is there a way to reimport the data from my old files and also, why is NT telling me "You need to select an instrument"?

Another problem was, that i exported ES 03-08 and sent it to a friend, who tried to import the data, since he couldn't get it himself, because the program was telling him "You need to select an instrument". But he also couldn't import the data.

Basically, i think this is the same issue, isn't it?

Hello,

Since you probably completely re-installed NT, your old data will not be available unless your data feed supports the contract data still.

For importing data, please review this link:

If this does not work please let me know exactly what steps you are taking to get this error.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there not another possibility to use the old data? Maybe, the old data can be imported in the continuous contract?

But where is the old data stored in NinjaTrader? I mean i have copied the old folders, but where can i find the data?

Comment

Hi GerTrader, did youn delete the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder in MyDocuments when doing the uninstall / reinstall?

Also: did you merge the old contract data to the new front month? This way you can create a continuous contract in NinjaTrader - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Merge.html

Best in your situation might be using a datafeed supporting those naturally like eSignal or importing 1 min data from TradeStation.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a copy of the whole old 'NinjaTrader 6.5'-Folder from my documents. Should i simply overwrite this folder from the new installation with the folder, i copied before formatting? Do i then have access to the 03-08, 06-08, 09-08 Futures, which i also had before i had to format my computer?

Comment

This depends on how much new data you have already in your new database, just in case you could do a backup of your files before this copying over. Then you can rename your actual NinjaTrader.mdb in something like NinjaTraderOld.mdb and copy over your saved NinjaTrader.mdb into the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > db folder. Now restart NinjaTrader and your old contract data should still be present. You might want to export it and merge it into the current front months to get a continuous contract for your charts.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Barry Milan  
            Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes