List Stock using Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List Stock using Strategy

I'd like to run my strategy at the close and have it list the stock that me my criteria. When I select the output window, it doesnt list anything even when I back test it. Can someone help with this. Thanks in advance.

Hello albigdog23,

Please follow the instructions listed at the link below upon backtesting instruments.

You will need to have access to historical data that is used by the backtest. Make sure you are connected to a data feed that supports the requested historical data or ensure it is available in the NinjaTrader database. You can create a chart while disconnected to check if you have the requested historical data available in the database.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Exactly what I want to do is, for instance when the market closes I would like to list stocks that meet my criteria in the output window. I don't want execute the trades, just list the stocks. Thats what I'm having trouble with. It works fine if I chose to initiate trades so I know the strategy is ok, I just don't get anything in the output window when chose that option.

Comment

albigdog23,

Not sure which option you are referring to. If you do not get anything happening in your strategy you will need to check the Control Center logs for errors as well as debug. If your strategy is processing it will output any lines you tell it to output if it reaches that code segment. If it never reaches that code segment it will not output.

Please see this tip: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3418
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes