Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with eSignal Datafeed

Hi,

I just subscribed to eSignal Premier and downloaded the NT simulation version. When I try to use the eSignal datafeed, I get the message "Unable to connect to level2 host." Right now I am subscribed to delayed US and Canadian futures and delayed European & Asia/Pacific futures. In other words, no real-time data right now. I am trying to get a grip on a whole new software set up, including Ninja and NeoTicker, and I am trying to get comfortable with the platforms before I go live. I don't necessarily want to be paying real-time fees while practicing.

Is there a way to get this going? Do I need to subscribe to a real-time (non-delayed) feed through eSignal? Do I just have my host settings wrong? I am interested in learning some of the charting features of NT, but the Simulated data feed doesn't seem to have any history for back fill, so when I pull a chart withSim data feed, I get one bar, which slowly grows into a chart.

Thanks, Scott Johnson

imported post

1) eSignal provides historical data. So you should see backfill data populating your chart when you're connected to eSignal successfully.
    2) Just leave the "Level II server" entry in your account connection setup empty and NT will not try to connect to eSignal Level II server (in case you don't have a eSignal level II subscription and you want to get rid of the 'Unable to connect to level2 host' error message).

Comment

imported post

Thanks Dierk!

That took care of the problem.

Scott

Comment

imported post

hi there-

new to the forum and ninjatrader. I too am getting the can't connect to level 2 message from esignal. The difference for me is that I have real-time quotes from esignal for CME and CBOT. Any suggestions? Thanks

Comment

imported post

Realtime quote subscription from eSignal is not sufficient. You need to explicitely subscribe to their L2 services or leave the L2 server field empty. Please contact eSignal support in case you are not sure about your eSignal subscription.

Comment

imported post

Level 2 services for what products? I erased it from the setup and it works. So thanks Dierk

Comment

imported post

Hi, hilojack

I am a newcomer having just installed NT6 for simulation. I need as you do realtime data feed for CBOT mini-Dow and CME E-minis. I could not figure out how to use te eSignal NinjaTrader Promotion form; so, could you let me know how you managed to suscribe to eSignal market data and how much is the monthly fee when you do not buy or sell any contract just learning ?
              Thank you,
              GĂ©rard

Comment

imported post

Hi grd974:

Thank you for your post.

On the eSignal Promotional form, you will need to check mark eSignal Data Manager Base,the CME E-minis, CBOT mini sized futures.

The approximate fees are $45 monthly. For an extra $3, you can receive the S&P indices, which might come in handy.

Best regards,

Ryan
                RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Esignal price check?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
                  Hi grd974:

The approximate fees are $45 monthly. For an extra $3, you can receive the S&P indices, which might come in handy.
                  They just charged me $85 data fee $2 ftse futures - $35 eMinis?

Am i being stiffed?

Comment

Originally posted by tomleeson View Post
                    They just charged me $85 data fee $2 ftse futures - $35 eMinis?

Am i being stiffed?
                    Hello tomleeson,

Thank you for your post.

It appears the fees are correct per the promo form for esignal. I have provided a link below to the eSignal data sheet. Also please keep in mind NinjaTrader_Ryan's post was 2 years ago so prices have changed since that time.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How is it working?

I am considering using this same option from eSignal. How is it working for you? I currently have the full blown more expensive version.

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                      Hello tomleeson,

Thank you for your post.

It appears the fees are correct per the promo form for esignal. I have provided a link below to the eSignal data sheet. Also please keep in mind NinjaTrader_Ryan's post was 2 years ago so prices have changed since that time.

Comment

Originally posted by mfortis View Post
                        I am considering using this same option from eSignal. How is it working for you? I currently have the full blown more expensive version.

Thanks
                        Hello mfortis,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately I only use the eSignal account for testing once in a while. Possibly other users on the forum can give you a little more input on this subject.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Sam2515
                        by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                        15 responses