Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace Clear/ Clear Chart

Hi,

How does one completely remove a workspace that is no longer wanted? I have tried a number of protocols but the damn thing keeps reappearing.

Also, is there any way to open a fresh chart which maintains a certain set of properties but which is clear of any chart markings, including those 'markings' which have been added by an indicator?

TIA

lj

Originally posted by ljyoung View Post
    Hi,

How does one completely remove a workspace that is no longer wanted? I have tried a number of protocols but the damn thing keeps reappearing.

Also, is there any way to open a fresh chart which maintains a certain set of properties but which is clear of any chart markings, including those 'markings' which have been added by an indicator?

TIA

lj
    Hello Lj,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Go to File --> Workspaces --> Open Workspace. Then select the workspace you wish to delete and hit the "delete" button.

2.) You can save your chart as a template after you have it set up they way you like. You can take off trade markers by under the "plot executions" property in chart properties.

How to save a chart template: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...Templates.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello Lj,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Go to File --> Workspaces --> Open Workspace. Then select the workspace you wish to delete and hit the "delete" button.

2.) You can save your chart as a template after you have it set up they way you like. You can take off trade markers by under the "plot executions" property in chart properties.

How to save a chart template: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...Templates.html
      Thanks RJ but I have tried the delete manoeuver you just outlined and it doesn't work. Any other thoughts?

Yes, I know how to remove trade markers but I'm talking about indicators like an EMA or pivot points or the channels in the Pepe Ninjascript for Hershey traders. If what you are saying is that I have to construct a 'clean' chart by removing all the indicator stuff, then save the 'cleaned' chart as a template - like "Clean Chart", then open and use that chart, well then I have your message. Is what I have described correct?

TIA

lj

Comment

Originally posted by ljyoung View Post
        Thanks RJ but I have tried the delete manoeuver you just outlined and it doesn't work. Any other thoughts?

Yes, I know how to remove trade markers but I'm talking about indicators like an EMA or pivot points or the channels in the Pepe Ninjascript for Hershey traders. If what you are saying is that I have to construct a 'clean' chart by removing all the indicator stuff, then save the 'cleaned' chart as a template - like "Clean Chart", then open and use that chart, well then I have your message. Is what I have described correct?

TIA

lj
        1.) Please try the following to remove your workspace:
        • Shut down NT
        • Go to \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5\Workspaces and delete any workspaces you want to. (You can delete the default workspace from here and NinjaTrader will create a new one.)
        2.) Unfortunately you cannot remove parts of an indicator as that property is specific to that indicator. You will have to contact the vendor of the 3rd party indicator.
        Yes, your understand of the clean chart is correct.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        1 response
        0 likes