Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

trading multiple accounts simultaneously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trading multiple accounts simultaneously?

Hi to all,

I observe sort of inconsistent behaviour in the chart trader order window.

I am using an account group ACCTS_A_B.
    I have selected this account group in the order window and I am running a simple strategy with stop and target.

Now I have the following:
    - clicking on sell ask while flat: Order is propageted to both accounts and the relative stop and target orders are set up in BOTH accounts.
    ( same for sell bid, buy ask, buy bid)

now in position:

- clicking on buy ask in this case will propagate the oder to both accounts and once the position goes flat all open orders are cancelled.

- clicking on sell ask the order will again propagate to both accounts and my position will be doubled including stopps and limit.

This is all fine and behaviour is as expected.

But:
    - clicking the close button the order is not propagated to both accounts, but only to one account.

This is inconsistent: Having selected account group ACCTS_A_B I expect my close order to be executed on both accounts and not only on one account.

Why is this so?

Personally , as long as I am fresh and not stressed I am fine using the sell / buy buttons that propagate to both accounts. But sometimes there are times that I am stressed and I cannot think properly any more. That is when I need the close button, which is my last resort , and I want the close button to think of everything!
    Is it so difficult to implement? Or is there a reason behind that the close is executed only on the first account of the group? By the way, just to add to the mess: What is the first account of a group? For me both accounts in a group are equal and there is no first or second account in a group!

Any enlightments?

Best regards
    Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected behavior as any "Subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually."

Please review the "Account Groups" section of the Help Guide here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview15.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok,

but in my example I enter short positons in both accounts, A and B with one mouseclick on the sell ask button.

Clicking on the buy ask button then the current short position is closed in both accounts, because "buy ask" is propagated to both accounts.

All other orders resulting from the strategy will then be cancelled automatically on both accounts. Hence replicated to both accounts.

This is differerent from what you say:"Subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually."

Using the close button it works like you describe it.

Sorry to be so straight, but I find your solution a bit messy.
      Why not propagate (=replicate) according to what account or account group is selected in the account selection drop down box.
      When I select GROUP_A_B I want the buttons replicated. Selecting AccountA I want the buttons to be applied to accountA only.

Well, do what you want but try to serve best the majority of your customers.

Andreas

Comment

Thank you for your response and suggestion.

I will forward this request to development for future consideration.

Have a great day and happy trading!

Comment

Order Close Replication

Hello,

I am evaluating NT to be used with MBTrading for Forex. I am interested in trading multiple accounts with NT. I will be manually trading from a Forex chart - with no automation. I understand I can enter a market order, and the order will be replicated to each of my multiple accounts. To close this open order in each of the multiple accounts, I want to keep it very simple and press a Close button (which I understand doesn't replicate to the subaccounts), or invoke a NT script of some sort that will close the open order in each subaccount.

Can this be done in NT? If so, can someone please explain how? Is there a sample script that is available to do this?

Thank you for your help!

Regards

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by arb56 View Post
            Hello,

I am evaluating NT to be used with MBTrading for Forex. I am interested in trading multiple accounts with NT. I will be manually trading from a Forex chart - with no automation. I understand I can enter a market order, and the order will be replicated to each of my multiple accounts. To close this open order in each of the multiple accounts, I want to keep it very simple and press a Close button (which I understand doesn't replicate to the subaccounts), or invoke a NT script of some sort that will close the open order in each subaccount.

Can this be done in NT? If so, can someone please explain how? Is there a sample script that is available to do this?

Thank you for your help!

Regards

Andy
            Unfortunately this is not supported, however it is on development's list of future considerations.

Comment

Order Close Replication

Thanks NinjaTrader_RJStein for your reply.

Today, I enter a buy market order that is successfully replicated to multiple accounts. What do I need to do today in the current release architecture to close the position with replication to the multiple accounts?

Thanks again,

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by arb56 View Post
                Thanks NinjaTrader_RJStein for your reply.

Today, I enter a buy market order that is successfully replicated to multiple accounts. What do I need to do today in the current release architecture to close the position with replication to the multiple accounts?

Thanks again,

Andy
                Hello Andy,

You can use File --> Flatten Everything to close you out of all positions in all accounts.

Comment

Order Close Replication

Thanks again NinjaTrader_RJStein for your reply.

I understand Flatten Everything flattens all open positions and cancels all working orders across all connected accounts. I also understand the "Flatten Everything" function is not guaranteed, as per the risks section in the documentation for further explanation.

So to avoid the risks, if I enter a buy market order that is successfully replicated to multiple accounts, would a sell market order close the position with replication to the multiple accounts?

I just want to make sure I understand my options correctly.

Regards,

Andy

Comment

Yes, Andy,

This would work as well as long as you have NO ATM Strategy attached and you used a market order as you describe.

Comment

my experience is a bit different:

even with an ATM strategy (which I use) you can click on the opposite button (e.g. sell to exit a long position..)
                      This will propagate the order to all accounts of the group. within the few seconds the coexisting stop and target order of both orders (the initial long and the sell order to exit) will be cancelled.
                      Problems exist sometimes with margin as this requires double margin for a few seconds.

The close order button is the problem

best regards
                      andreas

Comment

Trading Multiple Accounts Simultaneously

Hi,

I'd like to know if "Flatten Everything" will flatten all open positions and cancel all working orders across all connected accounts even if an ATM strategy is used?

Also, will enhancements to the Close function concerning multiple accounts be available in the next release of NT? Any estimates of general availability?

Thanks for your help!

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, see here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...Overview2.html

A request for enhancements is on development's list of considerations, however they have not released if this is going to be implemented for sure.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes