Not sending orders on CL Feb09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sending orders on CL Feb09

I have a strategy that is running fine on NG Feb09 and when I backtest it on CL Feb09 it shows that it would've placed several orders between when I turned it on and now. It however is not placing any orders on CL.

I have my settings set to wait until flat to submit orders, and I've confirmed that in the backtest there has been several hours since I turned the strategy on that the position was flat. My account position is also flat.

Looking in the logs I'm seeing the following weird thing though

Instrument='CL 01-09' Account='Sim101' Avg price=50.34 Quantity=5 Market position=Short

I'm running my strategy live and I've confirmed it's running on my actual account not Sim101. Is it possible that it is waiting for CL 01-09 Sim101 to be flat? I show no position for it in my positions tab and CL 01-09 is not even trading anymore.

Any ideas on if this Sim position could be stopping me from executing and if not...any other ideas?

Shiptastic

If you are linking the strategy to real-time it shouldn't be doing anything on the Sim101. You could try resetting your Sim101 account to eliminate any potential causes from there. Tools->Options->Simulator->Reset.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

alrighty I tried resetting..we'll see if it goes in after the next flat period.

Comment

shiptastic,

The script needs to be flat as defined by the script. If the script still thinks it has a virtual position it will not trade and this will require debugging to understand its behavior.

Comment

Figured out the problem. I wasn't aware of the Reset DB ability in the options. Interestingly, in my "Position" tab I showed no position, but after looking through the list of executions on the last Crude execution it did not show a value of flat. After resetting the db everything worked.

Thanks,

Shiptastic

Comment

Great! Glad you got it resolved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes