Tick and Charting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick and Charting

I am currently using the sim with zen data feed from amp. When i use a tick chart, it only shows tick data of the times when I was connected. If i close the connection overnight, it won't show that data on a tick chart. Is this normal?

Also, while the ninja charts are nice, is there any way where you guys can add improvements, such as being able to minimize the borders of the chart windows, kind of like esignal. Also, its impossible to use the charts with a black background and candlesticks because it hightlights the entire candlestick as opposed to just the wicks. I tried using the candlecolor, but that doesn't help much. Is there any way around it??
    Thanks

Hello playafh69,

Zen-Fire supports historical tick data, so you should be able to display tick data for the time you were not connected.

Go to Tools-->Account Connections, highlight your Zen-Fire connection and click Change. Check if Historical Data is enabled.

Please check what settings are used for the session begin and end times of your chart in the properties menu (double click chart).

If you like to display 24 hours of data per day, please enter 12:00 AM and 12:00 AM.

Try right clicking in the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'.

Please see the link below for instructions to navigate our charts.

Unfortunately the 'Candle outline' setting applies to the entire outline of the price candle, not just the wicks.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tick price variable name: Open[], High[], etc. available

Hello:

I have been trying to find the correct variable name for the tick data value coming across, whether in minute, day, etc. DefaultInput[] doesn't work. What variable name is used to get the current price tick value for on a chart?

Thanks.
      Tony

Comment

Hi Tony, you can access the current price values with this syntax - Close[int barsAgo], Open[int barsAgo], High[int barsAgo], Low[int barsAgo].

For the last tick you could use Close and set CalculateOnBarClose to false.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno
        by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
        6 responses