Data for softs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data for softs.

I’ve been using the simulator on NT with Zenfire data for a few months now. I can get a chart to pull up for almost any contract I want except for softs. For example: I open a new chart and apply KC 02/09, which is coffee, and there is no real time or historical data for tick or time based charts.

All other contracts update real time with no data issues. ES, YM, currency futures, oil, etc all work fine. I’ve tried all the suggestions I’ve read in the forums so far such as Reloading Historical Data, making sure the Format Data Series last date says today’s date, etc.

The Mirus broker who set me up with this account assures me that I should be able to trade coffee, sugar, etc in the simulator with real time Zenfire data.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much. Ben

Please try KC 03-09 and check if you receive real-time data in the Control Center.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason, 03-09 works for real time data. Maybe I just had the wrong contract. Switching the contract month for Sugar seems to work also. Neither chart has historical data though. The chart only starts from when I connected.

I checked Tools > Account Connections > Zenfire and made sure that historical data is enabled.

Ben

Comment

Unfortunately historical data is not supported for these instruments.

Comment

NT doesn't support the historical data or Zenfire doesn't? Can I get historical feed if I use another data provider?

Thanks again for your assistance. Ben

Comment

Hello Ben,

Zen-Fire does not support historical data itself. As a courtesy Zen-Fire users will retrieve historical data from our historical data server, which does not support these instruments.

If a different supported data feed provider supports historical data for these instruments, you will be able to display the historical data in NinjaTrader. You can find all supported data feed providers at the link below.

Comment

Jason, thanks very much for the clarification and your prompt replies.

Ben

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 07:51 PM
              1 response
              0 likes