Syncing NT on two computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncing NT on two computers

I have a desktop & laptop both with NT installed. When I'm at home I use my desktop and on the road I take my laptop. Is there any way to sync a few directories between the two machines so my instrument lists, strategies etc. are the same on both machines? for example if I am working on strategies or edit instrument lists on my desktop then need to go out of town I would like to be able to transfer what I was working on to my laptop. so when I open NT on my laptop all of my instrument lists, strategies and other edited info are the same as what was on my desktop. Then when I get back home I would like to be able to sync what I had changed while on the road back to my desktop. I figured that if NT saves user data in a specific location I could just copy that folder back and forth between the two machines. Is this possible?
    Thanks,
    Philip

Hello Philip,

You can transfer your settings using backup files. Please create a backup file on your desktop using the instructions at the link below.

Transfer the created backup file located at My Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup to the same folder on your laptop.

Restore your settings on the laptop using the instructions below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason, that solves the problem.

Comment

Sync data to a second computer

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello Philip,

You can transfer your settings using backup files. Please create a backup file on your desktop using the instructions at the link below.

Transfer the created backup file located at My Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup to the same folder on your laptop.

Restore your settings on the laptop using the instructions below.
        http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...upArchive.html
        Could you update the link above? I want to duplicate my settings and data to my laptop as well.

Comment

Hello blach00,

Thanks for your question.

To transfer any of your settings or custom NinjaScripts, I would recommend creating a backup, transferring that file to your other PC then restoring settings after installing NinjaTrader. You can use a flash drive to transfer the backup file from one computer to the next.

Please follow these steps to create a Backup Archive:
          1. Disconnect from all connectivity providers (if connected) and from within the Control Center window select the File menu. Then select the menu Utilities and the menu item Backup...
          2. The "Backup NinjaTrader" dialog window will appear
          3. Select the items you wish to back up
          4. Press the "Run Backup" button
          Now, copy the backup file to a flash drive or email it to yourself, and go to File > Utilities > Restore > Choose your backup file to complete.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm

Below I have provided a link to our NinjaTrader 7 Tips - Backing Up Settings To A Second PC YouTube video.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp...140D7&index=24

Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else.
          Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT8 Multiple Computers

Hi, sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this question but is there a change in using NT with multiple computers but same license? Know in NT7 this isn't possible, wondering about NT8. If no what is the possibilities to do this, thanks.

A separate question is about the NT8 mobile. I am using the NT8 beta and i love it, wondering when the mobile version will be available.

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,
              You are in fact able to use the same key on multiple computers in both platforms. The restriction is that you are
              not to trade live with same key on multiple computers. The license keys will work the same way in NT 8 as they do in NT 7. There are no plans for a mobile version at this time.

Comment

Hi I know you been asked this many times but why does Ninja Trader 8 preview on youtube mention NT Mobile?

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,

There may be plans include this in the future. However, a mobile version is not the focus of the development team at this time. The NinjaTrader 8 Beta will be the primary focus for some time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post junkone
                  by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM