Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it possible to make Backtest Parameters Dialog Box default to different settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to make Backtest Parameters Dialog Box default to different settings?

Hello,

Is there some way that I can make the Backtest Parameters Dialog Box default to different settings?

For instance, whenever I go to backtest any strategy on any product, I want the "Exit on Close" setting to be "False", the "Exclude weekend" setting to be "True", the "Entries Per Direction" setting to be 100, and the Fill Type to be "MyCustomFillType".

This may seem like a small deal, but it is very important because I want to deploy a perfectly configured Ninja Trader environment to my users, with all the proper Backtest Parameters Dialog Box settings (except "Strategy" and "From" and "To" parameters), and I want them to not have to think about what the best settings are. The less they have to do and the less things that they have to remember, the better they will like the application.

Thanks in advance!

ChiTrader2000

Hello ChiTrader2000,

Unfortunately this is not supported. Settings will be saved within the same session, but will be lost when you restart NinjaTrader.

However it will be supported in NinjaTrader 7. Its beta version is expected to be released the first quarter of 2009.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sounds great. I will keep an eye out for NT 7 beta.

Thanks again,

ChiTrader2000

Comment

Fill Type - can it be set programaticaly?

Hi,

I guess your answer will be similar to the one below (but doesn't hurt asking ). Can I set the Fill Type for Historical Fill Processing? I have a custom fill script file that I would like use with some strategies... just hoping that maybe there is property that can be set in the strategy script.

Thanks in advance

Roman

Comment

Hello Roman,

Custom created Fill Types are supported. Please see the following link for more information.

Comment

Hi Jason,

And thanks for the quick reply. I've created the custom fill already, but as I will use it for some strategies almost all the time, I would like to make them default for these strategies by (maybe?) setting a property within a strategy script itself e.g. something like: FillType = "whatever the property value should be". Is that possible?

Cheers,

Roman

Comment

Hello Roman,

Unfortunately this not supported.

Comment

The floating help text in the editor says (when hovered over FillType = )
                "gets or sets the fill type used for processing historical orders during backtest".

This implies we SHOULD be able to set this in Initialize().

If I try it, such as FillType = MyFillType I receive an error saying
                "NinjaTrader.Strategy.MyFillType is a 'type' but is used like a 'variable'.

This is confusing me, because isn't FillType a type as well?

Anyway, hopefully you can help us out with the correct form of this expression. Or is it not implemented, contrary to the help text?
                saltminer

Comment

Unfortunately setting the FillType programmatically is not supported.

Comment

protected override void Initialize()
                    {

FillType = new CurrentOpenFillType(); // CurrentOpenFillType is the name of the
                    custom Fill Type Class

}

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM