License Verification Due To Server Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Verification Due To Server Failure

NT is unable to verify licensure at your primary or secondary server. My client disconnected itself from Cytrade. If I had been in the middle of a trade this would have been a disaster. I think NT needs to do something to allow at least a 1-hour grace period or one-time grace login for its customers when it can't verify. Surely it can't be that hard to encode this feature. Software providers do it all the time with trial versions,limited feature versions, etc. Hoyle Cards lets everyone try their software for 60 minutes for free, so if they can do it, I know NT can.

This is NOT the first time this has happened, but if I had been in a trade I would have been f****d, if you get my french.

I think this is a completely unacceptable failure of NT software, especially since I doubt NT wants to take any financial responsibility for this sort of occurence and what it could do toa trader's positions.

To me, this is a potential deal-breaker on using NT.

NT needs to offer some sort of failsafe feature for this sort of thing, even if it only allowed a user to go flat, close out existing positions and not take new ones, etc.

imported post

Thanks for sharing your concerns. I will add your suggestion to our list for future consideration. However, I woud like to explain that even if we had failsafe in place, in most cases it would not matter. The reason is, when if you are disconnected, it could be because your are having ISP problems, this would explain why NT can not access the primary and the back up secondary license servers. If we bypassed the license test, you are likely not going to be ableto connect to your broker anyways until the ISP issue sorted itself out.

Any time you aredisconnectedhave an open position or working orders it is alway highly advised to contact your brokers desk immediately and take appropriate action.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

No, I don't think it's my ISP - all the other internet apps and feeds were accessing their data just fine, including 2 chat clients, AOL, Tradestation, and MB Trading.And I run my trading platforms on a dedicated T1 line with a failover router and cable modem backup. Both ISP's were hot.

I stand by my complaint about this shortcoming in your software. You need to put a failsafe in it for such occurences. Please don't be like almost every other company out there and try to put the problem off on the end user.

Comment

imported post

Sounds like you have your infrascture set up well designed. I will re-iterate that I have put your requeston our listof feature to consider for future implementation and appreciate you sharing this suggestion.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Where does NT stand on this issue?

I certainly would like to know before I shell out $1K for a perpetual licence.

Before I do that.. I'd want something that would always let me use the program, even if the NT servers never came back online.

Comment

imported post

We have always had a manual bypass that can be invoked at our suggestion should any of our license servers fail. This has never been used since NT started 3.5 years ago. Rest assured, you will always be able to access NT based on your licese.

Ray

Comment

imported post

I have to disagree. Can you provide me the manual bypass? There is some odd problem with my installation but an uninstall/delete did not fix the issue.

When I amusing a publicinternet connection, I MUST connect to my corporate VPN just to get to licensing servers. The connection IS NOT going through my corporate VPN connection. At this point I can remain connected or disconnect from VPN and continue to use NT. When at my office I cannot connect, nor do I expect to or wish to.

When I simply try to launch NT6, the licensing verification fails, always, without VPN started. I can access other services and brokers, the problem is only NT.

Comment

imported post

This manual bypass is intended for a failure of our servers which - as Ray stated - has not happened since.

Sorry, to enable NT license checking you need to make that your infrastructure allows HTTP requests to www.ninjatrader.com and www.ninjatrader-support.com. Unfortunately there is no way around.

Comment

imported post

The infrastructure is fine. I have installed and tested on another machine. How does NT initiate the connection to licensing servers? Does it access the registry for valid network interfaces? It seems to me that it tries to utilize the first adapter with an IP address which happens to be my IPSEC interface. When not connected to VPN the IP address is all zeros(0.0.0.0) and NT cannot connect to servers. When I establish VPN connection and the IPSEC interface has a valid IP then NT license verification succeeds. I must reiterate that the license verification session is not going through my corporate network.

My VPN allows split tunnelling so that I can access the public internet directly while also acccessing corporate resources over the VPN. I AM NOT trying to get NT to work with my corporate network. All I want is, when I have internet access, to click on the NT icon and it work, that is all.

Comment

imported post

NT uses standard HTTP protocol, exactly like opening a browser to surf a website. Something on your PC or within your network is not allowing NT to make a HTTP call through standard ports used for surfing the internet.

Ray

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Irukandji  
                    Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                    3 responses